The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ray,

LOVE the image AND the sentiment! Reading it, I was reminded of myself in a similar mood a few years back -- whereupon having got tired with lpmm and pixel-peeping, I made a pinhole lens for my MFDB oufit. This shot at ISO 50 on a P65+ back with a home-made pinhole lens; I don't recall the exact exposure, but it was after Sunset and I believe it was on the order of 60 seconds:
Not sure about your experiences Jack but I have a pinhole "lens" for both Phase One and my old Alpa - it is the ultimate dust spot rendering tool!! Boy did I spend a lot of time cleaning up what I thought were images from a clean sensor. :facesmack:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about your experiences Jack but I have a pinhole "lens" for both Phase One and my old Alpa - it is the ultimate dust spot rendering tool!! Boy did I spend a lot of time cleaning up what I thought were images from a clean sensor. :facesmack:
Actually, the Salton Sea is probably the ultimate dust spot rendering place to shoot in to begin with! Yes, they do allow some dust, but for me it's easily handled. Plus, I don't leave them on the cam even for transport in my bag, and swap out to a proper body cap or lens. :thumbup:

Grayhand

(I forgot to add in my previous post that the photo from my Mamiya 6 was "scanned" with my H 500 CM, 120 Macro and CFV-50C)

I especially like the second one!!

I am about to fix an old extension tube for my 500 C/M camera to use as a pin hole lens.
It is the ultimate lens for the CFV-50C :cool:

And I hear what you and Graham says about dust!
The best part of the Post Processing..

Ray

Last edited:

Deltona

Sounds like a nightmare, I actually used to live around the corner from Tower Bridge (Borough Highstreet) and occasionally took some images from around that area late at night with Film, (Fuji T64) I never had any issue with security, not even once - even with a huge 5x4 camera, however I was there mostly very late at night or early morning... By the sounds of it - that's the best time to go,

One of my shots from the area - Fuji T64

Thats a great shot, love the leading lines :)

Deltona

Up early yesterday to catch the sunrise and the overnight freeze. Must say it was wonderful to be out. Mamiya 645fdf P21+ and the 35mm mf.CF061946.jpg

Shashin

Horseman SW612, Rodenstock 135mm APO Sironar S. Konica Infrared Film. Sakai, Japan.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
One nice thing about the Leica S - it's waterproof.

First something normal: Herald Square, although I've never seen a No Lambda Turn sign before ;)

But after walking around getting soaked, I took a cab. The cab had a glass roof. And it was raining. This led to some opportunities unique in my experience:

Park Avenue

And then driving through Central Park:

And one focused on the outside

Best,

Matt

ejpeiker

Point Reyes National Seashore - California
P1 XF- IQ3100MP, 75-150mm @ 120mm, ISO 50, f/10, 1/25

While shooting coastal landscapes atop a sea cliff along Point Reyes National Seashore in Northern California, I noticed that the waves, when they receded, made really cool streaks in the sand so I experimented with different exposure times and compositions to try to illustrate them. Here is one shot that I like from that experience which was basically shot straight down from the edge of the sea cliff.

etrump

Very cool indeed! :thumbs:

Point Reyes National Seashore - California
P1 XF- IQ3100MP, 75-150mm @ 120mm, ISO 50, f/10, 1/25

While shooting coastal landscapes atop a sea cliff along Point Reyes National Seashore in Northern California, I noticed that the waves, when they receded, made really cool streaks in the sand so I experimented with different exposure times and compositions to try to illustrate them. Here is one shot that I like from that experience which was basically shot straight down from the edge of the sea cliff.

Grayhand

Öland

Mamiya RZ ProllD, 180mm SB, Tilt/Shift adapter, Velvia 50
("Scanned" with my H 500 CM, 120 Macro + 55mm extension ring and CFV-50C)

Ray

stevenfr

Macrocarpa trees from my New Zealand shoot. This is a stitched image of five images using the phase One XF IQ3 100 camera. I have photographed this tree on one of my previous trips to New Zealand and decided to re photograph the same tree with the 100 MP chip. I got last light on the tree at sunset on this afternoon. I spent 2 1/2 days at this scene. This spot is not easy to shoot given the strong winds as shown in the wind swept tree.

Steven

MGrayson

Yep, I sure feel like following that fabulous image with a tree picture of my own. :loco: Fortunately (for me, not for you all), I've had enough to drink to overcome any embarrassment caused by inevitable comparisons.

These remind me of Tolkien's Entwives: Leica S(006) two panel stitch with 24 Super Elmar, so it's a WIDE angle shot.

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Heck, here are two more.

And a color, three panel stitch with the 24. That makes for a 60MP image, which for us Leica guys is a lot. :D

Best,

Matt

tsjanik

Yep, I sure feel like following that fabulous image with a tree picture of my own. :loco: Fortunately (for me, not for you all), I've had enough to drink to overcome any embarrassment caused by inevitable comparisons.
:ROTFL:

These remind me of Tolkien's Entwives: Leica S(006) two panel stitch with 24 Super Elmar, so it's a WIDE angle shot.

Best,

Matt
Yes they do, but why entwives rather than ents? Speaking of Middle Earth, attached are images of two bowls that always remind me of Tolkien.
These are bowls my wife made for a fund raiser "Empty Bowls"; the bowls are sold to raise funds for local food pantries. Last year she made 82.

Tom

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.