The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

Received a new 100MP Phase One back last week, which I opted to use with a Hasselblad H5X body because I am so invested in H lenses.
Chris Snipes from Capture Intergration has been very generous with his time teaching me Capture One and I'm beginning to feel comfortable with the software.
I wanted to buy the Hasselblad 100MP back, but they really didn't have a schedule for adaptation to technical cameras: so after waiting six months I lost patience with their inability to come forward with a firm date.
While the Phase back and the Hasselblad camera do not communicate with each other as well as one system, one is able to easily work around the deficiencies to get what you want into the image.
The color gamut and resolution are well ahead of my H6D50 setup.
This image was taken with The Hasselblad H 300mm lens with the 1.7 extender attached. It is a 66% crop with an f8 aperture
Stanley

jdphoto

Mamiya RZ with 110mm f2.8 and Fuji Acros film. Really shallow DOF on the 110mm lens...I love this lens and regret selling it. If anyone has a pristine copy PM me.

stngoldberg

Reflection in Florida Swamp
For some reason that I can't explain, this image has a green cast on this website which doesn't occur on either my calibrated monitor nor on my iPad photo library!
Stanley

Last edited:

stngoldberg

If it's a 100% crop, it says worlds about the lens, but not much about the back. :D

Beautiful, anyway.

Matt
Hi Matt,
I've been using this lens (300mm) and extender (1.7) on my 50 megapixel Hasselblad for over three years, and I could never get this resolution and lack of noise.
Trust me...it's the back

Stanley

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Some Silhouettes.

Leica S(006) 24 Super-Elmar-S

The trees have a gesturing look as if to say "Over here, we have the Mt. Sinai Hospital, while over HERE, we have the famous El Dorado Condos."

And 120 APO-Macro-Summarit-S

And ice crystals in the clouds behind the Chrysler Building

--Matt

Last edited:

Deltona

Weather has been pretty crap as the Scots would say very Dreich. Still a window of opportunity appeared. The light was beautiful.
Path to Hen Cloud, The Roaches. mamiya 645df phase1 P21+ 35mm 2 stop grad nd.

Attachments

stevenfr

This image is a 4 image stitch with the Phase One XF IQ280 camera. Not an easy spot to get the leaves to be still at dawn. It took me three trips to this spot over a nine year period to get the right conditions. The first year the bottom branch moved, the second trip the colour was gone. The third trip, I spent three days to get a morning where the wind was still enough to get this shot. Of course, today it would be easier with the IQ3 100 back. Interestingly over the nine years the shape and height of the trees has changed.

Abstraction

Swamp Grass
Stanley

Whatever app you're using to post your image is doing something to your file. When you click on the image, it displays the small size, which looks ok (other than color). Once you click on it again to see full resolution, it looks pretty bad, as though the file has been compressed beyond the acceptable. It may be that's the reason for the strange color as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.