The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

....and you didn't stop by to say hello? Well this certainly wasn't taken this week otherwise your image would have recorded a lot more white :)

Dave (D&A)
Well, I did wave, but nobody waved back…

This would have been December 21st. I only thought it snowed in Maine.

D&A

Well, I did wave, but nobody waved back…

This would have been December 21st. I only thought it snowed in Maine.
Of course, the snow shovels we have here are for display purposes only. :)

You should have done more than waved to catch my attention, as then I could have shown you the desirable vistas to photograph in the valley and mountains. Of course a stop at one or two of the well known vineyards with a spectacular view overlooking the Shenandoah is mandatory!

Why though in Dec??? :facesmack:

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Shashin

Of course, the snow shovels we have here are for display purposes only. :)

You should have done more than waved to catch my attention, as then I could have shown you the desirable vistas to photograph in the valley and mountains. Of course a stop at one or two of the well known vineyards with a spectacular view overlooking the Shenandoah is mandatory!

Why though in Dec??? :facesmack:

Dave (D&A)
Thanks, Dave. Next time I will drop you a note.

December was because I was traveling to see family for the holidays. I will say this for the Blue Ridge Parkway in December, not many cars and not very buggy. Much of the drive (we went south from Front Loyal to Ashville, with an overnight in Roanoke)--was just my wife, dog, and myself. It was the first time any of us had been in that area. Hopefully, we will return with more time.

D&A

Thanks, Dave. Next time I will drop you a note.

December was because I was traveling to see family for the holidays. I will say this for the Blue Ridge Parkway in December, not many cars and not very buggy. Much of the drive (we went south from Front Loyal to Ashville, with an overnight in Roanoke)--was just my wife, dog, and myself. It was the first time any of us had been in that area. Hopefully, we will return with more time.
That would be great. Nice trip! I used to live 15 min away in the beautiful college town of Charlottesville Va. (Univ. Of Va.)....but am west of it now. The Shenandoah Valley and Skyline drive is completely different in both the Springtime and Fall as you can imagine as well as crowded with hikers, cyclists and those camping. Winter is definitely quiet. Ashville and companion town of Hendenson N.C. have become very popular. I'll have to post some more pics this week.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Dave and Will:

Small world, or at least the eastern US. I traveled Skyline this fall on my way to the outer banks.

Tom
Then Tom, you made the same mistake as Will did by not waving out and catching my attention. :). Guess we all need to convene sometime next time you take "the high road"! Unlike Will your travels were at the right time of year...LOL.

Though unlike both your posted images, the pic I posted (just a grab shot) was taken to the west of the Blue Ridge mountains and Shenandoah Valley, both of which are way off in the distance.

I had an aquantance that went to Nags Head over New Years and photographed the Bodie light house at night with its beacon lit and a star filled night time sky. Spectacular images.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

vieri

The arch at Playa de Campiecho

The arch at Playa de Campiecho, in the Asturias, after sunset.

Leica S (Typ 007), Summarit-S 35mm. 60 seconds @ F/11. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
All with Leica S(006), 70 Summarit

This tree is not having a good ... century? 3 panel stitch.

Stuart Little Pond

Peek-a-boo!

--Matt

Deltona

Just returned from a fascinating 2 weeks in the Falkland Islands. Revisiting places under very different circumstances, since I was last there. It was a bit of a pilgrimage for me.
This image is of the Argentine Military Cemetery, overlooking Darwin and Goose Green. Where the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment took on and defeated an enemy 3 times their number. A very
bloody battle that stretched over several kilometres, resulting in British and Argentine casulaties and dead. The first VC of the Falklands war was awarded to the battalion CO, who died in the battle around the hill at Darwin.

Mamiya 645df P21+ 35mm, ND grad.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.