The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Another image from Milford Sound New Zealand. Tough forest to find a composition the forest is complete chaos.

Steven

DezFoto

I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try some product photography, so I went out and bought a bottle of Rye with the intention of it being the reward if I did a good job ;)

Hasselblad H2 with Phase One P25 Digital, 50-110mm lens and Bowens lights.

Pelorus

Hey Michiel,

To quote from Wikipedia:

With a mean annual rainfall of 6,412 mm (252 in) each year, a high level even for the West Coast, Milford Sound is known as the wettest inhabited place in New Zealand and one of the wettest in the world. Rainfall can reach 250 mm (10 in) during a span of 24 hours.
Sure it's a long way from Europe, but the South Island of NZ is well worth the effort...so's the North Island for that matter. :cool:

Just found this:

Last year was the wettest in Milford Sound since at least 1929.

Statistics released on Monday by the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research show 9259mm of rain fell in Milford Sound in 2016.

The figure is the highest since rain records started being kept in Milford Sound in 1929.

In 2015, 7068mm of rain fell in Milford.

The 2016 figure was about 138 per cent of the normal annual rainfall.
Great image! Must be very humid,
Found the location on maps. It is a bit far from Europe.

D&A

Honoring our Nation's Veterans & Those Who Served with Distinction.
(Nationally Televised Special; PBS Television. Pentax 645D, FA 45-85mm)

Last edited:
A day out at the park with my Son.

PhaseOne XF with IQ150 and SK 80mm f/2.8 Blue ring lens. Portrait lit with a Godox AD360 firing at 1/16th power into a 90 cm softlighter.

CF000112_SM.jpg

debarata.ray

Suggest mirror lockup prior to actual shot,
Turn off focus assist light.
Make sure to trim each lens!!!
Use ES where possible for zero vibrations
Turn on seismograph
These are off the top of my head as I am sure there are more.

Oh, resolution is so good maybe iron son's shirt.
Thanks a ton for your suggestions. I have now turned off focus assist light and have trimmed my lens. I settled at a measure of -25 for the blue ring I have. I've also set my focus area to spot. Taking these measures, I'm seeing a significant improvement in focus, leading me to believe that the rest is probably human error. I will however continue to master this camera system as I shoot more with get used to it.
Oh and yes, the shirt - will keep in mind the next time. Was too excited you see.. :)

vieri

The Arch, Playa de Campiecho, Asturias

The Arch at Playa de Campiecho, in the Asturias.

Leica S (Typ 007), Summarit-S 35mm. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.