The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Thought I’d share this image taken this morning at Harris Beach State Park, Brookings OR.

Decided to shoot this mornings images with the Phase One AFD, P45+ back coupled with either 75-150 or my 28mm lens; this image was with the 28.

I want to get home so that I can work this up on a full size screen instead of my 13” laptop.

Cheers

don

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Don,

Great picture as it stands...color and contrast look wonderful.

Bob

carstenw

Well, you are known to have questionnable judgement ;)

Actually, the first shot is great too, but the last one gets me.

Don Libby

These were all shot today using the Cambo RS1000 (Carlos – it’s small not tiny!) P45+ and 35mm lens. To be honest I thought about how well a wider lens would work but then I’d remember that I have all kinds of movements. I took delivery of the CUBE a couple days before I left on this trip and I can say that it has been the best device to aid in the movements, there hasn’t been a shot missed because I couldn’t get it leveled or moved to a certain angle to aid the Cambo.

I leave for home in the morning were the real fun begins loading and work on images that I need much more than 4GB of RAM (I know because I tried!)

Enjoy

don

Please remember these are "works in progress" all worked on a dinky 13" laptop.:angel:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

These were all shot today using the Cambo RS1000 (Carlos – it’s small not tiny!) P45+ and 35mm lens. To be honest I thought about how well a wider lens would work but then I’d remember that I have all kinds of movements. I took delivery of the CUBE a couple days before I left on this trip and I can say that it has been the best device to aid in the movements, there hasn’t been a shot missed because I couldn’t get it leveled or moved to a certain angle to aid the Cambo.

I leave for home in the morning were the real fun begins loading and work on images that I need much more than 4GB of RAM (I know because I tried!)

Enjoy

don

Please remember these are "works in progress" all worked on a dinky 13" laptop.:angel:
Give that little laptop a well deserved pat on the head.
These look VERY good to me.
Which lens are you using on the Cambo?
-bob

Last edited:

Don Libby

Give that litle laptop a well deserved pat on the head.
These look VERY good to me.
Which lens are you using on the Cambo?
-bob
Thanks Bob..

The images from yesterday and today were all shot with the 35mm. I also have a 72mm and tried it when I first got here but found the 35 to be better suited for what I was after.

don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Don, great series of images, but I especially like the Harris Beach shot --- kudos!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Here's a 30 minute capture off the Phase P45+ taken from the balcony of my hotel room in Monument Valley tonight. Only light is the less than quarter moon that is casting the shadows as it sets, and the starlight. Obviously there were a few cars that went in and out on the dirt road, and you can see there is still a bit of snow hanging on in some of the protected canyons. A little quirky for a landscape, but was fun to do it! 35mm lens, 30 minutes @ f5.6, ISO 100:

Cheers,

Don Libby

Thanks for the kind words Jack

I like the star trails landscape especially the road! I think the combination of the headlights and taillights add something not something you see all the time.

Are you guys staying up at Gouldings or did they finish the hotel closer to the visitor’s center? Sandy & I are headed there in March.

don

mark1958

Well I have been very busy at work but had a chance to play with my Hensel monolights this weekend. Here is one shot I liked. I still do not know what i am doing. Anyway, if you have any comments or critiques you cannot hurt my feelings. This was taken with H3DII-31 and 80mm lens. handheld. I believe 1/180 f11. I had two lights. One from the left with a Photek softlighter 36" and a light from the right with a grid and barndoor. I have a few others that I like as well but have to go through them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.