The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Well,
My main critique is that I must know less than you about what I am doing :rolleyes:
Very nice still life!
-bob

Stuart Richardson

Yes, I particularly like the first one. I think we often forget that photography is as much about shadow as it is about light.

KeithL

That's an interesting one, Keith. Dare I ask what techniques were used (without giving away any trade secrets!)?
No trade secrets, but the whole point of the image is that it has a sense of mystery.

carstenw

I love that first shot, Mark. Without the scissors, it would look even more painterly.

How do you like your Hensels? I have looked around at various systems, and find the Hensels a rather attractive combination of quality and price, but have not bought into them yet.

Paratom

We just spent a week in the Alps in cold (down to -20 Celsius) but beautiful weather and even for that region with a lot of snow.
Whoever likes XC-Skiing (or downhill) this area is a dream.
Here is a 3 shot Panorama showing Morteratsch Glacier:

and here a (I think) 6 shot Pano Showing mount Corvatsch (and some others) I felt free to include myself in the image :

The same a little larger: http://www.pbase.com/tstreng/image/108834119&exif=Y

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

From our workshop, a B&W conversion done in C1 of downtown Sedona, AZ in late afternoon:

woodyspedden

Here is one other. I probably should have had the background light a bit lower.
Mark

Generally still life's are not my thing but i must say I love this shot. Great lighting producing a strong sense of mystery about it. End result is a shot which looks like a painting instead of a photograph. Just love it

Woody

mark1958

Thanks all for the comments on the tulips. I have not really done much in terms of still life but it is fun and frustrating. I have to admit, the lighting part is much more difficult than I ever imagined. But being digital easier and fun to experiment.

J

jmvdigital

Here's a mini series from the Loveland Feed and Grain building in Colorado.

gogopix

Subscriber

Mark

Generally still life's are not my thing but i must say I love this shot. Great lighting producing a strong sense of mystery about it. End result is a shot which looks like a painting instead of a photograph. Just love it

Woody
Same here, haven't tried, but this a reason to try;

Mark, wonderful shot! Great texture- really good for the subject.

Victor

Don Libby

This technically doesn't count as a panorama although I did use the same techniques to obtain it.

3-shot image done on a vertical plane, using my Cambo RS1000, P45+ and 35mm lens f/8 at 1/2 second. After cropping out an unwanted area the finished image is 9619x8417.

don

J

jmvdigital

Lovely image Don! One of my own... layer peel.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

50 balmy degrees today ... which means quite a few people spent quite a large amount of time outdoors today.

Kurt

A

apneaimages

Her one of my last session. Hasselblad H1 & P30

Status
Not open for further replies.