The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Tareq,

I like these pics but the first is more realistic to me than the second...whether the second has aggressive smoothing in post or is just slightly overexposed in the face. Great subject however. I recently reviewed all of my photos of my daughter over the past 27 years at my wife's request and I know that you will treasure these in the future.

Wish I had photoshop 25 years ago.

Bob

docmoore

Couple of familiar interiors with a new focal length.

H3D II 39 Alpa Apo Switar 36 for both. Color cast correction applied but still needs a better profile for the second...using a generic capture for the F stop only not one for each capture which I may need looking at the second pic.

Last edited:

docmoore

Second is detail shot of the mantle...perspective is wildly bad.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Just wanted to share this image that was taken last night in SFO using the Cambo RS 1000, P45+ and 35mm lens.

There's more to the story but I'm just too tired right now to sit and tell it.

Enjoy

Don

carstenw

Nice image, Don. Have you experimented with a HDR look for it? I wonder if it might look nice. I don't mean that super-satured kiddie Crayon look, just a little boost to some areas.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

One of the first signs of spring in Wisconsin. Brewers fans form their own tent city outside of Miller Park as they wait to acquire tickets to the opening day of the 2009 baseball season. Despite the 15 degree temperatures, these hardy souls pass the time by participating in tailgate parties, beanbag toss games, bonfires and drinking Miller's finest.

Kurt

Professional

Tareq,

I like these pics but the first is more realistic to me than the second...whether the second has aggressive smoothing in post or is just slightly overexposed in the face. Great subject however. I recently reviewed all of my photos of my daughter over the past 27 years at my wife's request and I know that you will treasure these in the future.

Wish I had photoshop 25 years ago.

Bob
Thank you very much, Bob.

To be honest, i have hard or very difficult time to learn lighting and then learn retouching, i can't post only or original photos always, if i do i am sure there are people will ask me for some kind of retouches or editing, so i try to edit but i suck in it.

I hope i can learn about lighting first then about photoshop and retouching.

-Tareq

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Don,

Very nice capture of PoFA at night! Would be fun to do a blend with an earlier exposure as you are facing West and a bit of sunset sky color might be cool to add in -- next trip we'll consider that, eh?

:D,

docmoore

Tim,

Thank you.

It is typical in Texas to light the parking lot but not the buildings after hours...never really figured that one out.

Bob

Don Libby

Here's a quick down and dirty from this afternoon. Cambo RS1000, P45+ 35mm lens f/22 @ 1sec.

Feel like I'm in an iron man contest to see who will be the last man standing! It's midnight and we've been shooting since o-dark hundred this err yesterday morning. Taking Chris back to the airport in the morning then Ken & I might do some more shooting after I get back in Carmel.

Jack - like the concept I'd like to say more however sleep deprivation is kicking in....

don

Grayhand

I suppose it is about time that I put up some photos.
My main interest is portrait (kind of)

RZ/P45

Ray

Last edited:

Grayhand

But I spend most of my time in nature with my camera.
So maybe my main interest is landscape photo (kind of).

RZ/P45

Ray

Last edited:

docmoore

But I spend most of my time in nature with my camera.
So maybe my main interest is landscape photo (kind of).

RZ/P45

Ray
Ray for a landscape guy your portraits are stunning...I especially like the second one. I assume this is available window light only? Did you use CS4 for the sepia conversion or a third party software like Nik Silver Efex?

I am relegated to landscapes as my only willing model grew up and left home.

Nice to see your pictures.

Bob

Grayhand

Thank´s Bob.

Well, lets give up all secrets :salute:
Just to the left of the window i did use a large soft box for better control of the light and to have reasonable short exposure time with the RZ/P45 combo.

This was before I got the Nik Silver Efex. I have been using the Tiffen Dfx plug in for some time, but I am now working more with the Nik plug in´s.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.