The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Allyn

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

I don't usually post images on forums, but you folks are great about sharing your work so I figured I ought to throw a couple in too. :)

I haven't been shooting much lately, but this past week we finally got out for some shooting. Skies were mostly featurless, except during early morning, and there was some occasional early morning fog. These are from a couple of different mornings, and for a short time each day the pastels were amazing.

Haven't worked out the processing, but here are a couple quickies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Lovely, Dale, especially the last one.
-bob

Dale Allyn

Thank you, Bob. Nice of you to say so.

I've picked up the nickname "Cloud Chaser" (self-described) since it seems that everywhere I go these days I clear the skies out. But on the southern Oregon coast, if you get out before first light, there's liable to be some fog on the beach. Sometimes too much in fact. ;)

Dale Allyn

Thanks! Bill.

The first one looks too harsh now that I see it on-line again. I was preparing it for Hahnemuhle Photo Rag and should have paid closer attention to it before posting.

Dale Allyn

Thanks, Jack.

Here at couple more, and now I'll quit clogging the board with my spam. I'm just going through these and trying to decide what's what. As you can tell, I flogged Harris Beach a while. And as usual, I managed to chase off most of the clouds.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Spam??? Not hardly! I like em all -- in total, they'll make a very nice series. Only suggestion I would make is process them all to similar same sand hues or sky blues if possible.

Dale Allyn

Jack, Thank you for your kind words.

I'm thinking of a series, and I appreciate your input regarding sand colors. I have a few others as well, and the light really changed the color of the sand as it, the light, warmed up – and of course, each day was a bit different. I shot from first light (really first light, as in over 30 second exposures) to maybe 8:00 a.m. or so. Once I get through the group I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again!

robmac

Gorgeous shot - light, color, detail. Did you do much PP on the eye white or did your model get a good night's sleep ? ;>

Graham

Professional

Her name is "Sheikha", in our terms Sheikha means like a female president or a ruler, i think many of you heard the word "Sheikh" in arab world.

crop of above [#2]

All the shots are no pp [maybe #1, very minimal] but all the shots the skin is untouched or not retouched at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.