The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

You have to love MF portraits. 35mm digital just looks so flat compared to these.

Thanks

Stuart Richardson

Nice shot Graham. The 80mm really is impressive, isn't it? It has a lovely character as well.

Here is one from a trip I took a few weeks ago out to the east of Iceland. I am still going through the shots...
This was the Hy6 with 180/2.8 AF and the E54LV

And here are some seals on an ice floe with the same combo plus the 1.4x TC.

I waited and waited, but the light just would not come back onto the seals...it was a stubborn cloud. I would have loved to get closer, but as it is, my tripod was in the water and I was standing on a beached iceberg.

Here are two crops so you can get a closer look at the seals...just because they are cute and all.

Don Libby

I arrived in Chinle late this afternoon and went to the Canyon right after checking into the Holiday Inn. We've lived in Arizona since 2004 and have taken this route countless times on our way to either Moab or Monument Valley; it's always been on our to do list. The sky is flat however rain is in the forecast for hopeful the sky will get better. I'm meeting Ken Doo tomorrow the Wednesday we head down into the Canyon in my Jeep along with a guide.

This was taken this afternoon with the Cambo RS/P45+ and 35mm lens. Looks okay however I want better....

Cheers

Don

woodyspedden

Sadly it takes "foul" weather to get really good shots of Spider Rock. I have been to Canyon de Chelly three times now and have always encountered blue skies and high contrast light. One of my mentors, Alain Briot, lived in Chinle for seven years. He has a photo he took of Spider Rock in snow which is just spectacular. He was working and when the snow came he went up to the Canyon immediately to get the shot. Probably worth getting fired over.

Hope the rainy or cloudy weather comes for you Don.

Best

Woody

Don Libby

Sadly it takes "foul" weather to get really good shots of Spider Rock.

Best

Woody
Thanks Woody

I've thought about offering my 9 word workshop for landscape images (lasts 2 hrs but includes breakfast and lunch)::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

"The worse the weather the better the image potential."

Don

Paratom

2 images from an evening walk with the Sinar Hy6-54r and 80mm Schneider:

Cheers, Tom

Mitchell

Dale,

I really like the beach shots. I think the slight blur of the moving water, in contrast to the sharp sand really works well.

Best,

Mitchell

Dale Allyn

Stuart,

Iceland obviously offers immense photo opportunity. Your shots and those of Tim can be frustrating to those of us who'd like to fit a trip to Iceland in, but who haven't yet found the time.

Thanks for letting us travel there virtually via your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.