The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Hi Tom,

Nice to see your results with the 110/2 and the Metz for fill in ... it's the combination I've been working on over the last week or so. I've been doing a lot of bouncing over my shoulder and off the ceiling in a self-study crash course.

Kurt

Paratom

Hi Tom,

Nice to see your results with the 110/2 and the Metz for fill in ... it's the combination I've been working on over the last week or so. I've been doing a lot of bouncing over my shoulder and off the ceiling in a self-study crash course.

Kurt
Hi Kurt,
even though I have the Rollei SCA adapter I dont use TTL but A Mode and then just dial in some minus exp comp. Seems to work ok. I still like using the SCA-adapter so I dont have to dial in f-stop and ISO to the flash manually.
next thing I need to try is to fire the fill flash off camera, I allready have the Metz3008 Adapter.

Stuart Richardson

Stuart,

Iceland obviously offers immense photo opportunity. Your shots and those of Tim can be frustrating to those of us who'd like to fit a trip to Iceland in, but who haven't yet found the time.

Thanks for letting us travel there virtually via your posts.
Thanks for the kind words Dale! If you care to, please try my website for some more images. I find that most of what I shoot does not fit into the categories here, so I don't wind up posting it all the time. I am working on processing some more mf digital shots from my trip out East though, so I will post them when I have them. And please let me know if you do eventually find your way here, I would be happy to meet up and say hello at least.

By the way, nice shots Tom and Graham! It's nice to see some other Sinar shooters here...

Mitchell

Graham,

I really like the Witch's Well. It seems to me many of the photos that are liked the best have an air of mystery or newness.

I hope you're computer problems are resolved soon.

Best,

Mitchell

Don Libby

Wanted to share this one from Canyon de Chelly.

Phase AFD,P45+ and 28mm lens.

More to come..

Don

I'll post an image or two in the Sunset Bar to show what we needed to get this shot.:angel:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Wanted to share this one from Canyon de Chelly.

Phase AFD,P45+ and 28mm lens.

More to come..

Don

I'll post an image or two in the Sunset Bar to show what we needed to get this shot.:angel:
Don, love to see the set up, but more importantly, I really like the light you captured in this one :thumbs:

Dale Allyn

Graham, I too like the Witch's Well. Very nice work.

And Don, nice work on the C de C "alcove". I'll watch the "Bar" to see what you post there too.

Thanks guys.

carstenw

Don, lovely shot.

I hesitate to say this, because there is so much "pop art" HDR stuff out there, and the shot is 99.9% anyway, but I wonder if a three-exposure HDR would have been able to add a little detail in the darkest shadows and brightest highlights?

Don Libby

Thanks everyone.

This is a shot of the cave from the outside.

We were fortunate to have a guide that wanted to share these locations with us including the slot canyon below. My images were shot with a P45+ and either my Cambo RS1000 or Phase AFD. Ken was able to shoot the slot canyon this morning with a P65 before he had to leave and go home.

There's clouds in the sky so gotta run and get ready for a sunset...

Don

Clawery

Glad you and Ken had a good guide. Looks like you guys got some great shots! I can't wait to see your "how ya did it" shot later.

PS. Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

I thought I'd try something a little bit different after I recently picked up a manual focus 35mm Mamiya lens.

One of the cameras that I always enjoyed shooting with was the Hasselblad X-Pan because of the extended frame size ... it allowed me peer in on a variety of interactions going on at one time to build a story.

I found that the 35mm works well for me allowing me to maximize depth of field and become more involved in the scene. I can then slice off the top and bottom and use the resolution of the P45+ back to see what's going on in an enlarged frame.

You can call it an experiment, digital stitching without the stitching or nothing more than an image with top and bottom cut off ... but it's amusing to me.

I've attached a couple of examples while I was walking around the parking lot at Miller Park before the Brewers home opener against the Cubs.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Here was one with the Hasselblad 110mm ... this guy didn't quite make it in for the opening pitch. The PhaseOne body and Hasselblad lens are a little larger and heavier than walking around with an M8, though. ;)

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks, Graham. Blown up large there's a voyeuristic appeal to see what's going in each part of the frame. For instance, a lady in the first shot seemed to be engaged in a rather heated phone conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.