The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

My take on the popular Cedar Falls in Central Arkansas.

2 image stitch, P45, P1 645, 55-110mm, polarizer.

I'll probably head back in a few weeks for another take with more leaves. In this version I liked the water flow and sparse leaf coverage. They give a good sense of space and curving bluff line.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I just love MF . Okay not my ideal photo shoot but money is money. Bottom line we all need money. Actually this is a normal client I do a lot of work for BUT like everything else you have to do all of there work. LOL

Honestly though I could hang out in the studio all day long just shooting. Lot of airbrushing here , tons of scratches. One thing I love about MF and the key word is clean. The files are just something else, no BS just pure high end data. Bad part you have to clean up after yourself in the studio. LOL

Don Libby

We've had some beautiful cloudy skies here in Tucson today so couldn't pass up the chance to play. The image was taken from State Trust Land that's very near by home. I had a couple of items I wanted to test today; would this area be suitable for a sunset image, would the area be suitable for lightning, and how close I could crop into an image and still get something I'd like. The image was taken with my Cambo RS1000, P45+ and 72mm lens. While I like both my lens I'll be ordering a 120 very shortly (Chris are you there??)

Anyway let me explain what I did here. The first image is almost as is, I did crop a little of the sky; the second was cropped to bring the structures in closer.

And a special note for Jack - no snakes or flashlights - that's my signature! :salute:

Don

Don Libby

I had the following thought/feeling as I was posting the images from today.

There is without a doubt some very talented photographers here and I feel a sense of pride in being allowed to post along with you all. The work presented here constantly raises the bar for me to keep up.

Thank you all.

We'll now return to our normal programming....

Don

Don Libby

Another from today...

Cambo RS1000 35mm P45+ two images 20mm left and 20mm right. Kinda like the way this turned out...

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Don:

To answer your first question, I think the location above would be great for lightening, but maybe kind of "vanilla" for a sunset?

The B&W above, I really like! :thumbs:

tashley

Subscriber Member

This shot is NOT medium format, it's a relic of a trip to Kansas last summer with my Canon 1DsIII. I just like this board so much, I figured you guys would forgive my misstep in order to fulfill the greater good of sharing work. :D

I found this juxtaposition to be a rather interesting look at our industrial side. In the foreground are the railroad tracks that carry the corn and supplies to and from factories. The middle landscape is corn that we use to feed cattle and produce energy via ethanol. In the distance is a factory that uses both of these elements. And all around is an otherwise peaceful hot day in rural Kansas.
Love that one Justin. And I second the Fine Art description. Dead cool.

Don Libby

Jack - I totally agree with you re the Biosphere image; it'd look good with lightning but just too pedestrian for anything else.

What I really learned from this outing was that I could really use a 120 for my Cambo. Okay do I rethink selling the 28 or do I begin offering protection services for the folks picking up cans?

Carsten - This is another example of where I let the image take me where it wanted/should go. I shot this at the extreme limits of the 35mm lens which in this case is 20mm left/right figuring I'd get some sort of vignetting. I did an LCC in C1 then opened the images in CS4 where I stitched them into the panorama and started working on the color. I couldn't get the sky the way it needed to go so after duplicating and flatting the image I converted to B&W then into IR and began playing with the sliders till I got it as close as I could. I then duplicated the image, flatten it then began working with selective colors till the image told me to stop. Yes, I talk to my images (doesn't everyone?) I found the more I worked in white (for the clouds)the more it started to pop on the ground.

I know you asked a question about the sky and I may have gone on too much - much like someone telling you how to build a clock when all you asked for was the time...

The sky was just beautiful yesterday and I'm glad I took the time to scout this area out as today's sky is very flat. Even more so I came away with a great image.

Thanks for the comments as it's help make my mind up regarding the image.

Don

Don Libby

So, now is my photographic winter officially over!
No more winter pictures. No more blue fingers and feet without any feeling left in the toes and ears that has frozen to ice. I will not miss it!

But some were in the middle of July I will be bored to death with hard light an hopeless contrast, cursing the mosquitos and beginning to look forward to the next winter...

Ray

RZ Pro ll/350 mm APO, P45
Ray, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like this image. Reminds me of a whale tale.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.