The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

THINGS ARE SIMPLE AT THE TOP

Mr.Game

Hello, everyone! I'm an ALPA camera lover from China. I usually communicate with the other photographers on Chinese forum, recently one of my friends recommend me this website. I'm very glad to be here to share my experience of using ALPAs and learn new technologies, welcome to communicate!

I started my ALPA life with ALPA 12 SWA & Schneider XL47/5,6 in 2005.Before that I used 35mm camera, e.g. Canon,Nikon,minolta,Contax and Leica...Then I felt that 35mm camera can't fit my demand, so I turn to Hasseblad and Horseman 612.

Before 2005, I have no idea with ALPA, but when I touched the ALPA 12 SWA at the first time, I knew that this was my dream camera. Firm, simple, high quality and the beautiful appearance impressed me deeply. As a result, ALPA is my favorite camera, and then I bought ALPA 12 TC & Helvetar48/5.6,HR35/4.0 lenses, ALPA 12 STC & HR50/4.0 lens.

About at the end of 2005,I started use Leaf Aptus22 digital back at the same time I still use films. But when the PhaseONE P45+ digital back came out, I completely gave up the films. The quality of the pictures and the reliability of the back were very good, but before shooting I must activate the back, this was a disadvantage. Even if I used the ALPA's activate project accessories, it still couldn't capture quick motion

Nowadays, most of my pictures are taken by ALPA 12 STC with PhaseONE IQ180 or P45+ digital back, the shift function is very accurate and convenient, which let me take pictures in whatever format as my wishes, and also can get more pixels.

I put some pictures to share with you, I 'd love to communicate with you about the ALPA's experience and feelings.

jduncan

Hello, everyone! I'm an ALPA camera lover from China. I usually communicate with the other photographers on Chinese forum, recently one of my friends recommend me this website. I'm very glad to be here to share my experience of using ALPAs and learn new technologies, welcome to communicate!

I started my ALPA life with ALPA 12 SWA & Schneider XL47/5,6 in 2005.Before that I used 35mm camera, e.g. Canon,Nikon,minolta,Contax and Leica...Then I felt that 35mm camera can't fit my demand, so I turn to Hasseblad and Horseman 612.

Before 2005, I have no idea with ALPA, but when I touched the ALPA 12 SWA at the first time, I knew that this was my dream camera. Firm, simple, high quality and the beautiful appearance impressed me deeply. As a result, ALPA is my favorite camera, and then I bought ALPA 12 TC & Helvetar48/5.6,HR35/4.0 lenses, ALPA 12 STC & HR50/4.0 lens.

About at the end of 2005,I started use Leaf Aptus22 digital back at the same time I still use films. But when the PhaseONE P45+ digital back came out, I completely gave up the films. The quality of the pictures and the reliability of the back were very good, but before shooting I must activate the back, this was a disadvantage. Even if I used the ALPA's activate project accessories, it still couldn't capture quick motion

Nowadays, most of my pictures are taken by ALPA 12 STC with PhaseONE IQ180 or P45+ digital back, the shift function is very accurate and convenient, which let me take pictures in whatever format as my wishes, and also can get more pixels.

I put some pictures to share with you, I 'd love to communicate with you about the ALPA's experience and feelings.
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing

J. Duncan

PeterL

Welcome to GetDPI - I've seen your wonderful pictures on the Chinese Alpa forum (which I can't read), but your images speak for themselves.

Cheers, -Peter

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Welcome to the friendly Alpa crowd and community in general here at GetDPI. Bring your friends over too!

There are quite a few technical camera shooters here, including a core of Alpa shooters too. As you can appreciate, we all generally feel like you'd have to prise away our Alpa's from our cold dead fingers ... I know that I just love using mine whenever and wherever I can.

I'm always wary of Alpa's marketing message though. I'm not a big fan of their 'Simple at the top' because in reality all of the camera systems at this level are truly excellent. That said, I wouldn't change my Alpa :thumbup:

I'm sure we'd all love to see more of your images.

D&A

Beautiful images Mr. Game and and a very friendly welcome to Getdpi. Your love for using a particular system is readily evident your 1st posting and its nice to see such passion.

Dave (D&A)

Mr.Game

Thanks very much to all the friends! Please forgive me for not replying to you one by one. Sharing the pictures with you is my pleasure, this is also one of the most important joy of photography.
There are a large number of ALPA users in China. As far as I know, in the past long time, Maybe China is a large ALPA's market in the world.(About nowadays situation I'm not very clear.)
There are two kinds of people who buy ALPAs in China. One of them are photographers who needs these simple, stable cameras of high quality. The others love ALPAs' distinctive design and manufacturing technique, they see ALPAs as artwork that could be collected. Of course, people who bought ALPAs for collecting now also can capture great pictures, they fall in love with photography. I will recommend GetDPI to them and invite them to share their pictures, the only problem is langrage, but it can be solved.
I mainly take pictures of natural scenery and cultural landscape. ALPA 12 TC is the most portable and convenient camera. I use 35 and 48mm lens for a long time, so I have Intuitive judgment to the field of view through the lens. I hardly use the viewfinder for about 5 years, maybe this is unbelievable to the photographers who never use ALPAs. It just like estimating the focus, in fact there are not so many problems as imaginative. In my opinion, it is very wonderful for photographers who use DSLR and never use ALPAs.
shortpballer mentioned ALPA 12 FPS, I saw it at the P & E show in Beijing in April. Indeed, it is a very convenient multi-platform camera, I'm very interested in it. Maybe I will have the chance to use ALPA 12 FPS to take pictures, very expected.

Mr.Game

Thanks very much to all the friends! Please forgive me for not replying to you one by one. Sharing the pictures with you is my pleasure, this is also one of the most important joy of photography.

There are a large number of ALPA users in China. As far as I know, in the past long time, Maybe China is a large market in the world. (About nowadays situation I'm not very clear.)

There are two kinds of people who buy ALPAs in China. Some of them are photographers who need these simple, stable cameras of high quality. The others love ALPAs' distinctive design and manufacturing technique, they see ALPAs as artwork that could be collected. Of course, people who bought ALPAs for collecting now also can capture great picture, they fall in love with photography. I will recommend GetDPI to them and invite them to share their pictures, the only problem is langrage, but it can be solved.

I mainly take pictures of natural scenery and cultural landscape. ALPA 12 TC is the most portable and convenient camera. I use 35 and 48mm lens for a long time, so I have intuitive judgment to the field of view through the lens. I hardly use the viewfinder for about 5 year, maybe this is unbelievable to the photographers who never use ALPAs. It just like estimating the focus, in fact there are not so many problems as imaginative. In my opinion, it is very wonderful for photographers who use DSLR and never use ALPAs.

shortpballer mentioned ALPA 12 FPS, I saw it at the P & E show in Beijing in April. Indeed, it is a very convenient multi-platform camera, I'm very interested in it. Maybe I will have the chance to use ALPA 12 FPS to take pictures, very expected.

China is an agrarian nation for a long time. Since we have the historical record, Chinese people living near by the two rivers, the Yangtze River and the Yellow River, They raised the Chinese nation and achieved our history, so all of Chinese people see them as our mother river. Moreover, I grew up in the upstream of the Yangtze River, I love it so much. It not only flows from the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, across the mainland, it also flows deep in the heart of each one of us.

The following pictures are taken in recent years, a part of a long-term project. (In the past, now and in the future I will always focus on it.) I don't know what I should shot, so I follow my feeling and push the shutter. But I can concern that to take all of these need wider viewing angle, ALPA is the only and also the best choice.

As is known to all, China's market economy reformed in the 80 s. After the fast transition, China transformed from an almost purely agricultural country to industrial country. In the 30 years, China has made a big change which Europe and the United States used 200 years. These changes not only include the change of economy and industry, also include the culture and values, as well as the geographic landscape. The Yangtze River also changed. I cannot judge these changes, but it is truly different as before. In the process of the change, I, a photographer, recorded these changes, in order to remember the Yangtze River in my heart.

ALPA 12TC & Helvetar APO48mm
PhaseONE IQ180 DB

Last edited: