The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Converting Fuji GX lenses for MFD Tech Cam

wryphotography

So I have a Fuji GX617 kit that I can't seem to even give away. I was wondering if anyone knew how the lenses I have would work if mounted for a Tech cam? I think i saw one a while back someone had mounted the Fuji 300mm. All the lenses are fantastic imo, so I can't imagine that they would start to suck just by using them digitally.

I have the 90mm, 105mm and 180mm, if i could get any mounted it would be the 90 and 180.

I have a phase one IQ180, so I also want bigger image circles for stitching panos.

Also, assuming that it would be worthwhile to get them re-mounted, what would the cost for re-mounting be? Leaning towards an Arca tech cam if that makes any difference.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A little off topic, but: I think there are enough photographers who would be interested in your GX617 kit, but even at today's deflated prices, it's a rather big investments. Judging from the activity on the auction site, many are sold, but for lower prices than what the sellers hope to get initially. I'm on the fence myself for a GX617, but will wait until the prices fall further. Just my 2c :)

Shashin

I would first look at second hand LF lenses and see if it is better to sell the GX617 system and then buy the used LF lenses to mount on a tech camera. I guess it would also depend on a tech cam. A Linhof cameras that uses lens boards are going to be much easier than a camera that uses a helicoid mount. I guess I would break down all the options and see the most cost effective and time efficient way of getting what you want.

It would be cool to get a sliding adapter for the GX617 film gate and stitch with your digital back.

wryphotography

A little off topic, but: I think there are enough photographers who would be interested in your GX617 kit, but even at today's deflated prices, it's a rather big investments. Judging from the activity on the auction site, many are sold, but for lower prices than what the sellers hope to get initially. I'm on the fence myself for a GX617, but will wait until the prices fall further. Just my 2c :)
I've been watching the prices, and to be honest you can't put together the kit i have for much less than 5k. There's two on ebay right now with 3 lenses each that are 500+ more than I've been asking. Found a camera shop thats got two Fuji GX617's with the 90mm and they're asking 3k just for that.

I know its specialized system, but i do think there is still value in the Fuji, especially considering what Linhof asks for their 617 system, new and used. I think my problem is i only have 1 feedback on my ebay account. If i could remember my other two accounts and have them all merged I would have over 100+ feedback on ebay.

I'm not going to give away my system and I don't need to sell it, which is why I ask if it would be worthwhile to convert the lenses to a tech cam setup. The lenses are 5x7 large format lenses as far as i'm aware.

If there was one, other than the Seitz, I'd own it! :D
Yea, this.