The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Lomography: Lomos, Holgas, Dianas and soforth

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was time to start a thread like this.

Holga 120N, HP5, duct tape
-bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You can make a nice soft pinhole lens too with the duct tape and, err, a pin hole.

You've got love a camera that costs less than a box of film that you put in it.

Bob: very nice btw!

MaxKißler

Bob, I think your approach to photographing with a Holga is a way too professional one. Isn't it the idea to get all those light leaks and imperfections that come with it?
I'm not an expert on this as I have never used a Holga in my life but I once touched one and had the urgent desire to wash my hands for several hours... :ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The duct tape was a breakthrough in getting an actual image from the thing.
What somehow is not visible on this size are the several scratches on both sides of the film.
The lens is very forgiving since it produces the same sort of images with a fingerprint or not.
Like the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH, the Holga's "optical lens" has a certain propensity for flare, but even more so. The camera is really not recommended for back-lit situations :ROTFL:
Besides duct-tape, there are a couple of thin card-stock shims to provide some tension to the film so that it would lay more flat.
I am sure that Holga-purists will shortly be accusing me of Holga-abuse.
-bob

pedro39photo

Amazing Bob, i like this post very much.

Sometimes i see perfect technical images made with the best photo and most expensive equipment and they are so boring...
This post remind us of that what really matter its the picture and the photographer, not the tools.

A pin-hole shoe box camera, in the hands of a great vision make better pictures than 30.000$ top gear in the hands of bad photographer...
I love great expensive tools too, but we remember a good picture not the camera that was made it.

Post more pics of the Holga.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob -- excellent thread idea -- but maybe you should include Lomo and similar in the title?