The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trying to shoot tethered my Mamiya 645 ADDII with ZD back... no luck

ericgibaud

I am trying to shoot tethered my Mamiya 645 ADDII with ZD back... no luck
I have the cable... supposedly the right one IEEE1394....
I connected to back and iMac under MacOS 10.6.8

I tried with both CaptureOne 6.4.3 pro and Lightroom 4.0... and simply neither see the camera....

I am trying to find where to download Mamiya Digital Photo Studio software just to know if it is a cable or software problem, but I just cannot find it anywhere... just and update that needs the full version already installed and I haven't got it.

Any advice? I check the sticky about tips and did change the Type8Camera app as adviced... still no luck...

Help please :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Neither LightRoom nor Capture One supports tethering to a ZD.

You must use the software mamiya was developing at the time (Mamiya Digital Photo Studio).

If you're looking for a back that tethers to C1 or LR you'd need a back from Phase (C1), Hassy (LR), or Leaf (C1)*.

*Make sure to check the release notes of each software package as some older Leaf and some older Hassy backs are not supported in C1 and LR respectively.

Last edited:

ericgibaud

Neither LightRoom nor Capture One supports tethering to a ZD.

You must use the software mamiya was developing at the time (Mamiya Digital Photo Studio).

If you're looking for a back that tethers to C1 or LR you'd need a back from Phase, Hassy, or Leaf.
Yes it seems to be this way.... but... Where can I download the Mamiya Digital Studio? I cannot find it anywhere :-(

ericgibaud

Ok, I finally got the software. from:
Mamiya Deutschland - Softwaredownload
thanks to Doori on Lula site.

Ok, thank you very much to people who helped, it works now. I confirm the software is really bad LOL but it works

I checked my firmware, it says Camera firmware 0.00 and then firmware only so I assume it is for the back, 0.01 I understand this is the "latest" one.

Valyno

Ok, I finally got the software. from:
Mamiya Deutschland - Softwaredownload
thanks to Doori on Lula site.

Ok, thank you very much to people who helped, it works now. I confirm the software is really bad LOL but it works

I checked my firmware, it says Camera firmware 0.00 and then firmware only so I assume it is for the back, 0.01 I understand this is the "latest" one.
Hello,
The link is not working anymore... :(
By chance, would you have kept the installer?
I am desperately trying to find the software to check my firmware version....

Thks

Valyno