The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which lens delivers better edge-to-edge results?

ddanois

Interested in informed opinions regarding the SCHNEIDER/ALPA APO-HELVETAR 5.6/60 MM XL and the RODENSTOCK/ALPA HR ALPAGON 4.0/50 MM.

Thanks,
Derek

ddanois

Thanks Guy.

Some have said that the SK60 needs to be used with a CF whereas the HR50 doesn't.

Confirmed?

f8orbust

The S/K 60mm/5.6 is probably the best lens I have ever used on a tech camera. Huge image circle (120mm), sharp, good general contrast, good micro-contrast, minimal distortion. Nothing not to like. If you want to exploit the full 120mm IC, then the CF is recommended.

The R/S 50mm 'only' has a 90mm IC. It is also a great performer.

narikin

I presume you are stitching? If not then there are other lenses you can look at - of equal quality when straight shooting, like Rodenstocks Digaron-S range for example.

Its 60mm f4, needs no CF, gives you an extra stop, is very sharp corner to corner, and requires minimal LCC work. It is also smaller & lighter, and nearly half the price of the others you mention. You cannot, however, stitch with it - the image circle only allows a modest amount of rise/shift.

alajuela

The S/K 60mm/5.6 is probably the best lens I have ever used on a tech camera. Huge image circle (120mm), sharp, good general contrast, good micro-contrast, minimal distortion. Nothing not to like. If you want to exploit the full 120mm IC, then the CF is recommended.

The R/S 50mm 'only' has a 90mm IC. It is also a great performer.
Hi

I just got the SK 60mm 5.6. to use on the AS F camera, do you know the part number for the CF?

Thanks in advance

Best

Phil