The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Banding problem with H3D

Swissblad

Hi folks,
my H3D packed up on my this afternoon... the back started blinking and the next image looked like this....

Any remedy?

Thanks for any help
S :eek:

cly

To me, it doesn't look like banding.

If you were shootimg tethered, did you try shooting to a CF-card? If you were shooting untetheted, did you try another CF-card?

Chris

Nick-T

Might just be a low power issue, mirror failing to get out of the way in time something like that.. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it happens continuously.

Last edited:

EH21

Can happen, power it all down, charge the battery and reseat the firewire cables - bet it won't be there the next time.

MaxKißler

Might just be a low power issue, rear curtain failing to get out of the way in time something like that.. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it happens continuously.
This won't have caused the issue, the H doesn't have a rear curtain... Neither the black cloth that is moving vertically. However, it could have been the mirror that wasn't moving fast enough.

Was that particular image slightly underexposed compared to the rest of the session?