The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the best tripod for travel with a DF ?

alajuela

Arca Swiss P0 is a great travel head--small, light, and stable. I use it with my Pentax 645D and focal lengths up to 300mm.
Hi Will
If I am not mistaken the PO with OEM clamp, is for the new slidefix sytem - which is narrower than the "original" arca style clamp, we all know and love.

Did you change the clamp on the PO? or were you able to buy the PO with a clamp for original plate?

Thanks

Phil

stephengilbert

I wouldn't buy any Arca product intending to change the clamp without reliable information regarding the ease (or even possibility) of doing so.

alajuela

Arca Swiss P0 is a great travel head--small, light, and stable. I use it with my Pentax 645D and focal lengths up to 300mm.
I wouldn't buy any Arca product intending to change the clamp without reliable information regarding the ease (or even possibility) of doing so.
Hi Stephen

I agree, - I think this head is also sold w/o the clamp (unlike the Cube). But I am lucky being in the minority of liking the Arca QucikSet FlipLock.

I just do not intend to change all my plates to the new style Arca (Slide Fix)- which is narrower than the "original" Arca plate.

Thanks for the "Heads Up"

Phil

Shashin

Hi Will
If I am not mistaken the PO with OEM clamp, is for the new slidefix sytem - which is narrower than the "original" arca style clamp, we all know and love.

Did you change the clamp on the PO? or were you able to buy the PO with a clamp for original plate?

Thanks

Phil
I bought my head without a clamp--I don't use quick release systems. I simply have a thick round plate with a normal tripod screw I mounted on the top of the P0.