The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Website Launch and a Big Thanks

markymarkrb

I am proud to say that I just launched my website at markbensonreeder.com. I am no where near the photographer or have the expertise of most of you on this forum but one things for sure, I have had many of you help me out immensely with great MF advice and solutions. Namely, Ed Cooley, Graham, Gerald, David Duffin, Guy, Vincent Goetz, Narikin, Donald Lavay and Ben Horne to name a few. Thanks again. Now to business, ALPA FPS and HR50mm ordered and on the way! Can't wait to try it out and share.

Mark

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'll speak as a spokesman for GetDPI. This is exactly what this forum was intended at its early beginnings . A place to learn and a place to grow. Everyone you mentioned started somewhere on this path of life with photography. I can assure you everyone of us is thankful that you appreciate our efforts to help. No matter how much experience one of us may have , it's really our duty to give back to the industry.

Your post touched me and thanks for it.

pozzello

I am proud to say that I just launched my website at markbensonreeder.com. I am no where near the photographer or have the expertise of most of you on this forum but one things for sure, I have had many of you help me out immensely with great MF advice and solutions. Namely, Ed Cooley, Graham, Gerald, David Duffin, Guy, Vincent Goetz, Narikin, Donald Lavay and Ben Horne to name a few. Thanks again. Now to business, ALPA FPS and HR50mm ordered and on the way! Can't wait to try it out and share.

Mark
Very nice site design and beautiful images - I like your interpretation of the canyon - much better than the Peter Lik version :)

:thumbup:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice job with the site and imagery!

I'm particularly taken by your House in the Clouds shot. Very nicely done. It's also one of the scenes that if you don't shoot it today you'll often find that the building has gone or collapsed the next time you go back. :thumbs:

PeterL

Congratulations on your website - really nicely done. Easy to navigate, and I like the "pull-ups" with info for each shot. You have some really nice shots there, the close-up of the waterfall with the rushing water in the foreground is absolutely stunning. As well as the House in the Clouds as mentioned by Graham, just superb.

Cheers, -Peter

Congratulations on your website! Very beautiful photos and layout. Also congratulations on your purchase of the FPS and 50HR! That is my favorite walk around combo. You didn't mention whether or not you purchased an FPS tilt adapter or not. If you haven't, I'd highly recommend that purchase as well :)

Don Libby

Mark, congrats on the web launch. Just visited and am very impressed, keep up the great work.

Don

Mark, I really like your website design. It is a little different than others, very responsive, and is really good at showcasing your excellent photography.

markymarkrb

Thanks Paul, Ed, Graham, Peter, Shortpballer, Don, Johnny, Simon and Guy for the compliments. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I had no clue I would get that type of reply. Shortpballer, I ordered the tilt adapter as well. I'm sure I will be asking you some questions here in the future.

Mark

Thanks Paul, Ed, Graham, Peter, Shortpballer, Don, Johnny, Simon and Guy for the compliments. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I had no clue I would get that type of reply. Shortpballer, I ordered the tilt adapter as well. I'm sure I will be asking you some questions here in the future.

Mark
I will be around, so let me know if you have any questions! And when you get your new gear, make sure to post some pictures in the "show off your technical camera thread" ;)

It is great to see members of this forum actually benefiting rather than talking about d800's ;)

Good Luck with your endeavors. I wish you great success!

Best Regards,
Eric

turtle

Looks great! Lovely images and nicely presented. Its simple and clean, which is exactly what I am, erm, I mean what I aim for.

Hulyss Bowman

Hello Mark, nice site :)

To help you, just create a .htaccess file with wordpad and put it at the root of your server.

In this file copy past this :

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php3 .php4 .htm .html .js
<FilesMatch "\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$">
Header set Cache-Control "public, max-age=290304000"
Header append Vary: Accept-Encoding
</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(xml|txt)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=172800, public, must-revalidate"
Header append Vary: Accept-Encoding
</FilesMatch>
With this, it allow the server to compress your pictures. Then they load far more quickly.

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
beautiful site. I don't know how I missed this last October but it is a great job. I wish my site looked half as nice. The images are spectacular!

markymarkrb

Hello Mark, nice site :)

To help you, just create a .htaccess file with wordpad and put it at the root of your server.

In this file copy past this :

With this, it allow the server to compress your pictures. Then they load far more quickly.

Thanks for the tip, I found out however this isn't compatible with my web host.