The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus Tethering into Lightroom?

fabee

This would definitely be preferable. But I haven't come across a viable CF card based WiFi solution. I already have an Eye-Fi SD card which works great in my 5D MKIII's SD slot. But those inserted in a CF card adapter don't worked too well. So, what are you using?

I use the same method: Eye-Fi card in a CF card adapter. I cannot say that it works 100%, but it's fine for interior or still life photography I think. If my notebook is close (about 2 meters) to the camera the transfer speed is about 15-30 sec per picture. Sometimes the connection lost, but it's easy to reconnect. So it's not the perfect solution, but I like it. I hate cables. And I just cannot use my digital back tethered on MacBook Air without repeater wich means more and more cables. On Phase One P backs you can use the battery when you use the back tethered, so any kind of firewire port is good for you, but on the aptus 22 the firewire port is under the battery, so it's only usable with powered firewire port. So this method is not for me, I prefer the wifi solution.

yaya

Andy,

I'll probably end up doing the same. And maybe if a basic tethering option into LR was available I'd still end up in C1. It's just this "it's best for you if you just use C1" mentality that I don't like. If I come to that conclusion based on my experience and my requirements, then fine. But when others tell me what's best for me without knowing me, my expertise, my applications, my experience, my business, etc., it just irks the heck out of me.

The fact is I really don't need to tether anything. It might prove beneficial in some applications. That's what I'm trying to evaluate. And that's the reason for exploring the options.
My "mentality" comes from years of experience with thousands of customers on different cameras, different OS platforms and different applications.

You are welcome to try Leaf Capture 11.2.9 but if your back is an Aptus-II 8 or Aptus-II 12 it will not work. If it is a II 5, II 10 or II 7 let me know and I'll send you a link

If it works you can shoot into Leaf Capture and set LR to watch the Shots folder, much like with your Canon

BR

Yair

Last edited:

Mgreer316

My "mentality" comes from years of experience with thousands of customers on different cameras, different OS platforms and different applications.
Fair enough. But that's also the danger in that it's easy for you to put everybody into the same bin. I've taught for over a decade, I've conducted seminars at national conventions, but most importantly, I know me. I just don't react well when somebody tells me what's best for me when they don't know me. Even though they may be right. If there's only one choice, then there's only one choice. Case closed. But part of this thread was to discover what my options were, if any. If there are options, what are they and will they work for me.

yaya

Christian you beat me to it :)

To the OP many of these issues and questions can be resolved and/ or answered by talking to your dealer or to our support team via a support case:Contact Mamiya Leaf/ Phase One Support
I come on here to help and have been doing so for many years. I sometimes mistakenly assume that people know me and my background. Therefore if someone asks what are the options for shooting tethered into Lightroom on a PC, I would just tell them what these options are (not many as you can see). I'm not forcing you to choose anything but as the manufacturer I think I have enough authority (and the right), in this specific case, to tell you what's the best way for you in my opinion. If you end up proving me wrong then I won't have any issue with that since we, after all, are all here to share and learn.

My contact details are below so please feel free to contact me offline should you wish to discuss this further

All the best and enjoy your camera!

Mgreer316

Christian you beat me to it :)

To the OP many of these issues and questions can be resolved and/ or answered by talking to your dealer or to our support team via a support case:Contact Mamiya Leaf/ Phase One Support
I come on here to help and have been doing so for many years. I sometimes mistakenly assume that people know me and my background. Therefore if someone asks what are the options for shooting tethered into Lightroom on a PC, I would just tell them what these options are (not many as you can see). I'm not forcing you to choose anything but as the manufacturer I think I have enough authority (and the right), in this specific case, to tell you what's the best way for you in my opinion. If you end up proving me wrong then I won't have any issue with that since we, after all, are all here to share and learn.

My contact details are below so please feel free to contact me offline should you wish to discuss this further

All the best and enjoy your camera!
Thanks. I will enjoy my cameras (both 645DF and RX67) when I get my back back from the Macgroup tomorrow. The back according to them was "way" out of focus. From the moment I got them in mid July, almost everything I shot with either camera was out of focus. But due to discovering the focus issue, vacations, kids back to school, shoots, etc., I hadn't taken the time to chronicle the problem and send the gear in for servicing until last week. So I'm anxious to get it back and see what they can really do.

I wanna clear something up. Text based communications can convey the wrong message many times. I don't or didn't mean to come off as mean in my comments. You're right in that I don't know you or your background. But you and others in the forum (except a few) don't know mine either. I believe Valentin has been here at least for a little while. He probably knows me and my background better than anybody else here. I'm an engineer by degree and a professional photographer for the past 15 years or so. By nature, I test EVERYTHING. Frequently, I find myself in disagreement with recognized experts on various technical things. Be they matters of technical facts or matters of subjectivity. So I don't necessarily trust what's stated or said. I trust what I test. Yes, many times I waste my time because what's been said or told to me proved to be accurate. But in testing, I know.

So, when somebody tells me what's best for me, I know they believe it. But I don't know that because I need to evaluate for myself. As I said, many times I find these may be true for others, but not for me and my application. It's not so the questioning of other people's knowledge, but me knowing me and how I do things (many times in a non standard way). Also, it's not out of the realm of possibility that if I don't find what I'm looking off the shelf or a kludged solution, I'll pay to have a custom solution developed. But until I know all of the alternatives, there's no way for me to know.

So if I offended, please accept my apologies.

yaya

Thanks. I will enjoy my cameras (both 645DF and RX67) when I get my back back from the Macgroup tomorrow. The back according to them was "way" out of focus. From the moment I got them in mid July, almost everything I shot with either camera was out of focus. But due to discovering the focus issue, vacations, kids back to school, shoots, etc., I hadn't taken the time to chronicle the problem and send the gear in for servicing until last week. So I'm anxious to get it back and see what they can really do.

I wanna clear something up. Text based communications can convey the wrong message many times. I don't or didn't mean to come off as mean in my comments. You're right in that I don't know you or your background. But you and others in the forum (except a few) don't know mine either. I believe Valentin has been here at least for a little while. He probably knows me and my background better than anybody else here. I'm an engineer by degree and a professional photographer for the past 15 years or so. By nature, I test EVERYTHING. Frequently, I find myself in disagreement with recognized experts on various technical things. Be they matters of technical facts or matters of subjectivity. So I don't necessarily trust what's stated or said. I trust what I test. Yes, many times I waste my time because what's been said or told to me proved to be accurate. But in testing, I know.

So, when somebody tells me what's best for me, I know they believe it. But I don't know that because I need to evaluate for myself. As I said, many times I find these may be true for others, but not for me and my application. It's not so the questioning of other people's knowledge, but me knowing me and how I do things (many times in a non standard way). Also, it's not out of the realm of possibility that if I don't find what I'm looking off the shelf or a kludged solution, I'll pay to have a custom solution developed. But until I know all of the alternatives, there's no way for me to know.

So if I offended, please accept my apologies.
I studied and worked as an industrial designer for a few years before entering the world of photography so I sort of understand where you're coming from and will often behave the same way as you do, therefore no offence taken!

BR

Yair

Last edited:

Valentin

I come on here to help and have been doing so for many years. I sometimes mistakenly assume that people know me and my background....
On a different note, I look forward to meeting you and put a face behind the name (I'll be at Fotocare on the 24th).

Best,
Valentin

Eva123

Hello everyone,

I just found this thread, while looking for a solution for my current problems with C1.

I use a Leaf Atpus-II currently with C1 on Windows 7 and 8. The images are directly tethered to C1. My problem is the following:

I take a picture named "abc123".
I delete the picture in C1.
I take a new picture which should be named again "abc123"
But now C1 does not show the new image but the image I just deleted.

When I look in the Windows Explorer I see the new picture and not the one shown in C1.

That makes working nearly impossible.

That is also why I thought about switching to Lightroom. But there is an another Problem: I read that tethering into Lightroom with my Aptus-II 8 is not possible, not even with the ACR-software.

Has anyone an idea which could help me to solve my problems?

Greetings from Berlin. Eva123

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Eva,

95%+ of our customers are Mac based, but on the mac there was a similar bug a while ago. But it was fixed a few versions ago.

Have you logged this issue at support.phaseone.com?

Are you running the latest version of C1? 7.2?