The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645 lenses on Cambo WRS

jctodd

I have a Mamiya 150mm A (manual focus) that I'm rather attached to. Is there such a thing as an adapter plate to allow Mamiya/Phase 645 lenses to be used on a WRS-series technical camera? There would be obvious issues with wide-angle glass, I'm sure, but it seems a simple way to use longer lenses. It'd just need to be a dumb lens mount correctly spaced to the Cambo lens plate.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I'm fairly certain I saw just this item on eBay once (adapter to put Mamiya mount lenses on a Cambo Wide body). However a quick googling did not reveal anything today. Either I'm mis-remembering, the seller no longer makes them or sells them on ebay, or I'm a bad googler.

It would only be useful for the older 645 Pro TL generation of lenses and the new 120TS which have manual aperture settings. Otherwise you'd have no control of the aperture.

Also on an SLR mount long lenses and short lenses mount at the same spacing-to-sensor so if it works for one lens in the lineup, it will work for all lenses.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Doug,
There used to be an ebay listing of an adapter for the Hasselbald V lenses to the Cambo Wide DS mount that someone made.
I cannot seem to find the information anywhere.

Lance

weinlamm

That is a thing, I had thought about, too. The "shutter problem" is not really a problem. It must be possible to buy a second lens or only a copal shutter, which could release the time for the back. I think with this it must work (hope so :rolleyes:).

But where to find an adaptor for leses to adapt on Cambo?

ondebanks

It must be possible to buy a second lens or only a copal shutter, which could release the time for the back. I think with this it must work (hope so :rolleyes:).
That's a clever idea but I'm not sure it would work...I believe the back needs a faction of a second of complete darkness within which it clears the CCD pixels in preparation for the exposure. The closed shutter in the lightpath provides that period of darkness.

Ray

ondebanks

...However, if you were doing a long exposure, you could use that external shutter/lens as a trigger, and employ the "hat trick" to control when you let the light in.

Ray

jctodd

I think it's a question of having an M645 mount attached to a Cambo plate with a Copal-style shutter mounted in between, with no focussing helicoid - the M645 mount being calibrated to the correct distance from the sensor to mimic the M645 mirror box. I dream, I dream.

Last edited:

daf

Just recieved a "like new" one :)
I'm off for 10 days, so i'll make a mini report when back to my office.

ps: for hasselblad V lens