The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone with Achromatic digital back?

IBICO

I would love to get hold of some raw files from an Achromatic back if someone have this back.

I normally shoot mediumformat b/w with film, but I am consider an Achromatic in the future.
For 4x5 I would still stick with film, but I am not that happy with roll film.
I find it frusturating to make it flat for scanning, and I would need to take a complete roll before development.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'll post a raw download later for everyone to play with. I shot the IQ 260 last week in Maine. I kept forgetting the IR filter on some but I did get a few with it. I'll post that one

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
We have an extensive collection of such raw files. I've also personally used the m9 monochrome, iq 260 achrom, and achrom+ so would be glad to compare/contrast for you.

Email me.

jagsiva

PM me where you'd like the raw files dumped. I had the 260 Achromatic back for a while, and the file quality is outstanding, and visibly better compared to my IQ180 bw conversions. Having said this, the lack of LV and the way Phase handled the situation and a complete lack of transparency on the issue left me shaking my head. I ended up returning the back. PM me if you'd like the RAW files

jagsiva

For BW, you can shoot with the IR filter and without, and you get two very different looks. Without the filter, especially portraits had a beautiful rendering, and this quality alone made it very difficult to part wit the back.