The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PDN PhotoPlus 2013 Expo Coverage

EH21

Sinar digital back, say eXact, works on Hy6 Mod2?

Xin
Technically the new Sinar backs only work on the original Hy6's, however these can still be bought new from my site for about $1000 less than the Mod2 version. That means a person who wanted to start out now with a Sinar back could buy the first version of the camera and a new Sinar back and be good to go.

For people who already have a Sinar Hy6 body, then from what I understand, they can upgrade their original camera body to Mod2 specs and their Hy6 will still operate with both older and newer Sinar backs and have all the goodness of the Mod2's.

xinchenc

Hy6 body with SINAR brand is not allowed to be upgraded to Mod 2.

ALL Mod 2 Hy6 and probably thereafter works only with Leaf digital back.

Xin

Technically the new Sinar backs only work on the original Hy6's, however these can still be bought new from my site for about $1000 less than the Mod2 version. That means a person who wanted to start out now with a Sinar back could buy the first version of the camera and a new Sinar back and be good to go.

For people who already have a Sinar Hy6 body, then from what I understand, they can upgrade their original camera body to Mod2 specs and their Hy6 will still operate with both older and newer Sinar backs and have all the goodness of the Mod2's.

EH21

Hy6 body with SINAR brand is not allowed to be upgraded to Mod 2.

ALL Mod 2 Hy6 and probably thereafter works only with Leaf digital back.

Xin
Xin,
Hans Hartje himself told me that a person who bought a Sinar Hy6 can upgrade it to mod2 specifications. They can not change the body panels, however. This body will work with Sinar backs. DHW will not abandon users of the system.
If anyone is in this situation and has trouble upgrading please contact me off list and I will help you.

The situation is different for new people who want to start out with Sinar backs and Hy6 cameras. Then it can only be possible to use the original version, but as I wrote this can be purchased new. So there is a path for those users as well.

Eric

Frederic

Here is Rod Klukas of Arca Swiss. Very helpful, great person. He had all of the key products on hand including the new E Module.
Hey Ken, could you please post a close-up view of the M-Line looking thing in the first pic (center, in front of Rod) ? I wonder what's sitting at the rear, looks like a DSLR adapter or something.
Thanks!

Ken_R

Hey Ken, could you please post a close-up view of the M-Line looking thing in the first pic (center, in front of Rod) ? I wonder what's sitting at the rear, looks like a DSLR adapter or something.
Thanks!
Sure, here you go.

Yes, it is a DSLR adapter, in this case a NEX adapter, for the M line. It also had an R lens mounted to a front plate that mounts to the M front standard. Very cool.

Frederic

Thanks for the pic Ken, I was curious to see how the camera was held. And yes, the front R mount plate is a nice accessory for those with a F/M-line.