The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

soh.. Babypictures with a DM22 back.

IBICO

Uhm. I might have promised something I can`t do.

I promised to take babyphotos, and I got a Mamya AFDIII with a DM22 back (Iso25 :eek:)

Am a bit concerned over my need of light, and don`t want to fry the babies eyes out. Anyone tried this with a similar low iso back with success?

citizin

I do them on an H3Dii-50 @ 50iso.
Babies don't move so much so you can embrace slower shutter speeds or go outside if the temps allow it.

Here's one I did with the h3dii,

IBICO

I don`t think outside is really a subject when it is snow and -10 celsius outside :-D

The baby is 3-4weeks old, so yeah. I could do slow shutterspeed and tripod. I have a Lastolite hilite, so wanted to simulate daylight with a very large lightsource.

Mammy645

If you have a film back you might want to consider shooting some Portra 400 and push it a stop or two. If not, then just stick close to some windows and use the available light + reflector, and maybe bring a speedlight with a small softbox too. If you're shooting in a studio just use what you have, kids are generally fine with flash, no worries.

IBICO

I have a film back, and portra 160, 400 and 800.. But for this shoot I`ll go digital.

It is not easy to get color negatives developed where I live. It is also faster and easier for photos that relatives and close friends want to have fast.

I only do analog when I want to relax and have fun.. not when people ask me to take pictures :)