The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Creative Tethering

alajuela

Phil:

Have you had a chance to try out with 'Digi-Plate'? I have been looking for something like that for a while.

Jae Moon
Hi Jae
Yes I had a chance to use it on Sunday, I definitively recommend this, I have the Gitzo tray top, which is similar to the Tether tools and I did not like it for outside work - too heavy and too unwieldy. The Digi Plate Lite is lighter and easier to pack. Here is a quick iPhone photo, if you need any more photos let me know. By going to this and a lighter tripod and the Mac Air, I have saved almost 3 kg of carrying stuff -- that is good

Jae_Moon

Phil:

Thank you for the pic. Looks very nice and well made.

A couple questions;
1. Did you get DigiBracket? How do you like it if you did? I am not too excited about carrying an extra tripod.
2. Does the package include two laptop brackets?

Thanks,

Jae M

alajuela

Phil:

Thank you for the pic. Looks very nice and well made.

A couple questions;
1. Did you get DigiBracket? How do you like it if you did? I am not too excited about carrying an extra tripod.
2. Does the package include two laptop brackets?

Thanks,

Jae M
Hi Jae -

Yes I did get the DigiBracket and will try it this weekend. I will post a pic after trying.

Yes when you order the basic setup - you chose the brackets for example MacAir - MacPro - PC Laptop.

It is very well made, the finish and feel is 100%

Phil

kdphotography

The DigiPlate Lite is a great high quality system for laptops, especially Mac Book and Air.

I'm using a tablet now, so will in all likelihood be selling my complete DigiPlate Lite system which has both the Digibracket tripod and Digibase mounting options. It's like new and never been in the field. Contact me if you're interested.

ken

jlm

Workshop Member
got Ken's solution up and running! works like a champ.
surface pro 2 (128 g, 64 bit, windows 8.1)
C1, 7.2, DB version
IQ160 updated to 5.11 with USB3 working

made this comment to Capture integration:

been playing around with tethering, using USB3 and a surface pro2, for image checking in the field. seems to work fine (IQ160, 5.11 firmware, C1 7.2, windows DB)

had to set storage to USB, and will do some more tests. but it seems like a flaw that I cannot also store an image to the CF card.

my workflow in this regard is to take a shot, tethered in the field on the surface pro tablet. then tweak my composition, etc. and make the final shot.

if I stay tethered, that image goes onto the tablet. then for later processing on my full system, i need to transfer the images to my Macpro/Eizo monitor system. normally I would pop the Cf card into my reader, but now the images are only on the tablet, so i have to do some monkeying around.

why didn't C1 allow dual storage, tethered (USB) and CF card?

any advice appreciated, as well as passing the request to C1

thanks

jm

Last edited:

jimban

got Ken's solution up and running! works like a champ.
surface pro 2 (128 g, 64 bit, windows 8.1)
C1, 7.2, DB version
IQ160 updated to 5.11 with USB3 working

made this comment to Capture integration:

been playing around with tethering, using USB3 and a surface pro2, for image checking in the field. seems to work fine (IQ160, 5.11 firmware, C1 7.2, windows DB)

had to set storage to USB, and will do some more tests. but it seems like a flaw that I cannot also store an image to the CF card.

my workflow in this regard is to take a shot, tethered in the field on the surface pro tablet. then tweak my composition, etc. and make the final shot.

if I stay tethered, that image goes onto the tablet. then for later processing on my full system, i need to transfer the images to my Macpro/Eizo monitor system. normally I would pop the Cf card into my reader, but now the images are only on the tablet, so i have to do some monkeying around.

why didn't C1 allow dual storage, tethered (USB) and CF card?

any advice appreciated, as well as passing the request to C1

thanks

jm
Hi-

You can have C1 save to a micro SD card in the Surface Pro. Then transfer via your reader.

jim

jlm

Workshop Member
thx, i realize there are workarounds, but it seems clunky. if i don't shoot an image tethered, it will go to the CF card, then i shoot one tethered and it imports into a session on the Surface pro, blah, blah