The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa only with alpa lenses?

cyron123

Hi guys,
sorry for that bloody question: I am new. Could i use only Alpa lenses with a Alpa camera like the TC? Is there a lensplate (with no lens) to buy from Alpa and then buy a used rodenstock or schneider from ebay and attach it to the lensplate?

Thank you.
cyron

kzphoto

I believe you can send in a lens to Alpa and they will mount it for you. I am not certain whether you can buy lens plates and remount the lenses. Most likely the lens will require some type of infinity adjustment to register correctly on the digital back.

Sarnia

I believe you can send in a lens to Alpa and they will mount it for you.
I've done this. It works out cheaper than buying a brand new lens (obviously) but it also means that you get a serviced and perfectly adjusted lens. If you buy a secondhand lens already in an Alpa mount there's always the worry that it will be somehow out of kilter from previous misuse.

I bought a secondhand Schneider 24mm XL and I will sending this to Alpa. Correct handling of this lens is very important so to get a pristine copy from Alpa will give me a great deal of piece of mind.

Sarnia

Hi Sania, Hi kzphoto,
this sound interessting. Do you know the price of this "adjustment"?
cyron
It costs between CHF1,500 and CHF1,600 (Swiss Francs). Schneider do the actual conversion to the Alpa mount and they test the shutter mechanism, etc. and give the lens a thorough check.

kzphoto

It costs between CHF1,500 and CHF1,600 (Swiss Francs). Schneider do the actual conversion to the Alpa mount and they test the shutter mechanism, etc. and give the lens a thorough check.
I didn't know that! If Schneider is giving the lens a full check up, then most likely they will adjust the lens if spacing is incorrect or the lens optics are not parallel, etc. Good to know!