The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

cf card error in H4D-50

palermo

Hi,

I just bought a new secondhand H4D-50.
I also want to put my Sandisk extreme pro card in it but a get several error messages. So I bought a new cf card but with the same results.
Here are some example video's with the problems with the 2 cards.
Does anyone know whats happening?

video1

video2

palermo

Check your firmware.

Support for recent CF cards often requires newer-than-as-shipped firmware for older backs.
Thank you.

I have updated the firmware with
2.3.1/16.0.7
Firmware version R366

I think that is the latest firmware.
But still the same problem.

Professional

Did you format the card with Hasselblad camera? Sometimes you format it with another camera then it won't work in Hasselblad until you format by H4D body itself, or try to format by computer just a test, i don't think the card has an issue, i use my Extreme Pro 16GB CF with my H4D without any issue.

palermo

Did you format the card with Hasselblad camera? Sometimes you format it with another camera then it won't work in Hasselblad until you format by H4D body itself, or try to format by computer just a test, i don't think the card has an issue, i use my Extreme Pro 16GB CF with my H4D without any issue.
Yes I used the H4d to format the card without succes :mad:

Douglas Fairbank

Please also try a format using your computer. If you are sure the card is clean and genuine and you have the latest firmware let Hasselblad know of your problem.

Professional

Or, if you are lucky, find another Hasselblad user and let him format the card for you by his Hassy body, if it succeed then it is your hasselblad, if it didn't then i may think it is the card itself.

Good luck!

palermo

Or, if you are lucky, find another Hasselblad user and let him format the card for you by his Hassy body, if it succeed then it is your hasselblad, if it didn't then i may think it is the card itself.

Good luck!
This is a smart answer.... what I gonna try.... at the Calumetshop :), I hope it works.

palermo

Oke, I went to the dealer and tried the cards in another Hasselblad. That worked prefect. So its the Hasselblad and they gonna try to fixed the camera.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

rem

Palermo, check the compatibility from the card. There is not any card supported from the Hasselblad. I had some problems now with the H5D and the Extreme Pro (not so far with the H4D). I changed now the cards to the Sandisk Extreme (not Pro) and only 16GB.

palermo

Calumet is telling me that these cards doesn't work inside the H4D-50. So that I have to wait for the next firmware update.
I doubt it because these cards works fine in a H4D-40 that I have tested.
Does anyone has a H4D-50 with these cards?

Professional

I don't have H4D-50 but i have H4D-60, is that same issue then?

I don't have those cards as well, but i have Extreme Pro 16GB 2 cards only, i have 32GB of Kingston very cheap and it didn't work, maybe one day soon i may buy 32GB or 64GB of this Sandisk EP ones and try it in my Hassy.

BANKER1

I have two of the exact same 32GB SanDisk pictured above. Both work perfectly in my H4D60 and have for the past several months.

Greg

Giorgio

H4D 60 + Lexar 1000x 32GB cards has been working very well since Dec 2012.

The H cameras need a fast card!