The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Foto scare

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I had a pleasant experience at Fotocare several years ago and dealt with Jeff. For another dealer we have a member here from Dodd Camera that also sells Alpa.

http://www.doddpro.com/Products_-_Technical_Cameras.html

FYI. Whenever I call a dealer my first words out of my mouth are about me and who I am. That alone establishes your reputation as a photographer and your credentials. It means you are a serious customer.

kdphotography

FYI. Whenever I call a dealer my first words out of my mouth are about me and who I am. That alone establishes your reputation as a photographer and your credentials. It means you are a serious customer.

But very few photographers have your buying credentials, Guy.

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure that really is it about more about your approach to get to know someone and introduce yourself first. Frankly bottom line you get a lot more with sugar than jalapeño peppers in a conversation. Lol

donaldlavay

Let me begin by saying that the post regarding a dealers behavior when an issue arises with purchased equipment is correct. Regardless of how one's own sensitivities enter into the equation, it is the support the dealer provides after the sale. In this regard, my experience with Jeff has been most positive. While in Matera, Italy in Oct. the shutter on my FPS malfunctioned rendering the camera useless. I immediately called Jeff. He contacted Alpa and the two of them arranged for a replacement unit to be sent to my next destination, Ravello. When I arrived approx 48 hours after my initial call, the camera was at the front desk of my hotel. Forget what anyone says it is their behavior that counts and Jeff and Alpa unquestionably met the challenge.

mmbma

Not sure that really is it about more about your approach to get to know someone and introduce yourself first. Frankly bottom line you get a lot more with sugar than jalapeño peppers in a conversation. Lol
True, and agree. However I just expected a little more service and warmth for a purchase this size. wouldn't you?