The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hartblei 45mm TS on IQ260 or IQ280 via 645DF+

mark-vdi

Hi, the Luminosty Landscape review fo this lens is getting a bit 'long in the tooth' has anybody any info how this lens stacks up (especially tilted or shifted) on a 60MB or 80MB digital back?

Cheers, Mark

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The problem with the Hartblei was sample variations.

Some copies could be quite decent, others were surprisingly poor.

Phase One bought up the supply, regeared the mechanical housing, hoping it could reduce sample variation and produce a P1 branded, consistently good, TS wide for it's platform without designing an entirely new lens. This endeavor, I think it's safe to say, was considered a failure.

In other threads you were exploring an Arca with tilt built into the body and Schneider/Rodenstock lenses. This seems like a much better path to me for your needs.

weinlamm

Good morning Mark,

if you have the back - I have the lens. :D Ok; my one is the P1-version, but I think it's a good one. But my maximum is 40 MP.
Perhaps, if you are in the near (I live in the near of Kassel), we could do a test together.

mark-vdi

Hi Christain, many thanks for your kind offer - this side of Weihnachten is not an option but definitely early in the New Year - I'll send an email,
Cheers, Mark
(ps I live near Frankfurt)