The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mark Power's seven day Phase / Alpa jaunt

tjv

Thought I'd share this link to Mark Power's website. He did a seven day trip to Marrakech with several other Magnum photographers and used a borrowed Phase One back and Alpa to make work for quick turnaround – he usually shoots 4x5".

I love his work and, despite this being a quick project, it seems he managed to capture some great impressions of place, all be it without the complexity of his longer term projects.

Most of all, I wanted to share because I really like the colour and tonal range he's getting, which does well to mimic what he aims for with film (Kodak Portra).

Enjoy!

(I love) MARRAKECH (!)

malmac

I like the way almost all the images have at least one figure included. Of course perhaps this is hard to avoid, but I suspect it was conscious and adds to the authenticity of the scenes. Certainly worth the time to view his images.

Mal

tjv

I wonder if he'll stick with digital, or at least incorporate into his kit. It seems like he's right at home using it and the results are great, plus a bit different to his tried and true work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

analoguey

Hmm. From the phone the photos actually looked anything but good. Tumblr link refused to open.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

analoguey

it listed the photos in bigger thumbnails, couldn't zoom in to see details much. Zoom just pixelated

Sent from Tap-a-talk