The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

External viewer for Hasselblad CFV-50?

spotmeter

The screen on the back of the CFV-50 is so small and coarse that I wonder if there is a way to review photos in the field right after they are taken on an external device like an iPhone or phablet that has a high quality screen? I see the CFV-50 back has a Firewire output. Could this be used for this purpose.
It would also be nice to zoom in and pan to check focus.
Thanks.

fotografz

The screen on the back of the CFV-50 is so small and coarse that I wonder if there is a way to review photos in the field right after they are taken on an external device like an iPhone or phablet that has a high quality screen? I see the CFV-50 back has a Firewire output. Could this be used for this purpose.
It would also be nice to zoom in and pan to check focus.
Thanks.
The Firewire jack on the back allows tethered operations with any firewire equipped computer/laptop. You can use Phocus and LR software for tethered operations.

The input jack into the laptop can be FW800 or FW400 (a second FW 800/400 cable should have been supplied with the camera back).

However, while tethered you can also use Phocus Mobile with an iPhone or iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phocus-mobile/id411637574

Phocus Mobile: Setting up and Using Phocus Mobile | Hasselblad tv

- Marc