The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best place to buy camera insurance?

spotmeter

My new medium format digital back puts me way over the limit on the camera equipment rider on my homeowner's insurance policy with AAA.

I have been very happy with AAA. They paid immediately for the loss of an $8,000 camera years ago, but they won't budge on their limit ($65K).

When I purchased the new back, I (of course) upgraded my lenses and, due to an unfortunate equipment addiction, have at least $100,000 worth of equipment in my camera closet.

I need to find a company that will insure all my gear. Would like to find one with reasonable rates, but more importantly, a good record for covering losses. I am interested in replacement insurance.

Appreciate any recommendations from this group.

Thanks.