The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV Digital Backs

PSon

Do you own at least one, two, or all 3 Hasselblad CFV digital backs (CFV16, CFV39, CFV50) and what do you like about the IQ of each back?

mmbma

Love my cfv39 in terms of iq. Just don't use it enough. I think the cv 16 has a special look to it. See the fat pixel back thread.

neil

The cfv39 saves you money.

The cfv39 is not too demanding on the lens.
You can use the old analogue large format lens and when you zoom the image to 100% still have a tack sharp image.

If you try this with the next generation of digital back you get the urge to buy a large set of shiny new digital lens and it costs far too much.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
How do you like the non-square DBs with the V series? I've been very very tempted to get one but my hasselblad eyes are either panoramic (xpan) or square.

jlm

Workshop Member
hated the non-sq on my V. ergo's sucked for portrait mode and i was too stingy to crop down to sq

DDudenbostel

I really like the images from my cfv39. The color depth is exceptional. The Zeiss glass is excellent too. If I had my way it would be full frame square though but I've learned to live with the rectangular format.