The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

When you see it, you'll believe it (new P1 body?)

hcubell

A dig at 'Blad, perhaps?
Sure, but I bet it's not the new Phase camera. It's the new CMOS back on the old DF+. Unfortunate pairing. Sort of like pairing Gisele Bundchen with the creepiest guy you can think of.

Dan Santoso

The new Cmos has great ISO i heard but almost the same price as IQ 260.

No one will buy it just because better ISO with similar price as 260!

The new body has been announced secretly among dealer I bet some people in this forum know.

malmac

I like many others, would like to see a genuine new SLR body for Phase One - however a 645++ or 645+++ could easily be an insult if it is not a really NEW from the ground up camera body.

Mal

MartinN

The problem is in my opinion is the company Mamiya. They have the tooling for the AFXXXX bodies and make the cameras. If they can't make profit from cameras and the cooperation with Leaf then they have no money for tooling up for a new camera. Phase certainly has no experience in making cameras.

alajuela

I would like to see Phase but this new CMOS sensor (better full frame) in a Mamiya 7 body (which they already own) of course with live veiw:angel:

alajuela

I like many others, would like to see a genuine new SLR body for Phase One - however a 645++ or 645+++ could easily be an insult if it is not a really NEW from the ground up camera body.

Mal

I think the body is fine IF they

1. Gave us an auto focus point that can move around the frame (and the exposure following the point ) like Canon D series.

2. Dampen the mirror slap and shutter movement.

3 Allowed LS lens to not have to fire the FP shutter

I think that would be great

johnnygoesdigital

Where's all the P1 dealers like Lance and Doug to espouse the merits of this new camera so long in the making?

Actually, I was ready to purchase this new camera years ago.