The Phase One IQ250 is real. That is to say the rumors of announcement are true, but more importantly the IQ250 starts shipping Monday!
1. It starts shipping on Monday
2. DT will be doing tech camera tests this coming week
3. It really does look good at ISO6400
4. It's a Sony sensor, Phase One everything else
5. M, H, V, and C mounts available
6. Capture Pilot for iOS7 also coming very soon
7. Live View is available on LCD, 24fps
8. Cost is $34,990 - Upgrades available
9. It does long exposures, really well
10. Same interface/chassis as other IQ2 backs
11. GPS Logging (also coming to IQ260/280)
More details can be found here: 11 Things to Know About the Phase One IQ250
I'm glad to answer any questions. I've been in Hong Kong all week and have worked with a production IQ250, spoken to the engineers, and played with numerous raw files.
Digital Transitions will be giving away a free rental of the first IQ250 entering the country (must pickup/return in person to NYC office). Enter on our facebook page.
Phase One IQ250 Product Specs
Phase One IQ250 Justine Ungaro Shoot (raw files soon)
Many more images and tests to come. Here is one from our client Justine Ungaro: