The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help! Mamiya 645 AF (non D) lenses not autofocusing on the 645 DF+

synn

Hello all,

A little while ago, I had purchased a 645 DF+, Credo 40 and 80mm LS combo. I bought the 35mm, 150mm and 210mm AF lenses for the Mamiya 645 platform off KEH last week, which just arrived.

When I try the lenses on, I see that that the 35mm autofocuses when I half press the shutter release, (I haven't yet changed this behavior), but the 150 and the 210 don't. Not sure why it is so and I tried changing a few things here and there, but neither lens is autofocusing.

The camera manual isn't proving to be of much use either.

Anyone know what might be the issue? All help is appreciated.

MartinN

The focusing ring can be moved forward & backward on telephotos, in addittion to turning the ring in manual focus mode. Only turn the ring in manual focus mode. The marking on the lens adjacent to the focusing ring says manual focus when in manual focus, you have to move the ring forward/backward to go to autofocus.

synn

Well don't I feel stupid, haha. Never knew there was a focus clutch on these lenses.

Thanks very much, mate. Cheers!

Steve Hendrix

Hello all,

A little while ago, I had purchased a 645 DF+, Credo 40 and 80mm LS combo. I bought the 35mm, 150mm and 210mm AF lenses for the Mamiya 645 platform off KEH last week, which just arrived.

When I try the lenses on, I see that that the 35mm autofocuses when I half press the shutter release, (I haven't yet changed this behavior), but the 150 and the 210 don't. Not sure why it is so and I tried changing a few things here and there, but neither lens is autofocusing.

The camera manual isn't proving to be of much use either.

Anyone know what might be the issue? All help is appreciated.

For non D AF lenses, make sure the Focus Control Knob on the lower front corner of the body is set to S (or C for those who like to hunt). Make sure it is not sort of in between modes, I've seen that too.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

synn

For non D AF lenses, make sure the Focus Control Knob on the lower front corner of the body is set to S (or C for those who like to hunt). Make sure it is not sort of in between modes, I've seen that too.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Thanks, Steve. The issue was that I was a bonehead who didn't notice the focus clutch on the lenses. The 35 has a twist switch, similar to the 80mm I have.