Site Sponsors

Thread: focusing screen shoot out today San Francisco

San Francisco, CA
    Post Thanks / Like

focusing screen shoot out today San Francisco

Hi All,
    This is completely last minute, but I'll be at Glass Key Photo in San Francisco this afternoon - noon until 3pm with my my collection of focusing screens that I've used for my focusing screen comparison tests.

I'll be pitting the Maxwell Split prism and Brilliant matte screens against the Rollei High D split prism and matte screens (which were the only two suppliers that ended up being worthy of a head to head test). I'm looking for a few experienced shooters to fire off a few shots with each screen to check for accuracy of each and get a bit more user feedback to round out my report.

Feel free to drop into the store if you have been wondering how the maxwell screens look or want to see the Rollei Hy6 + AFi-ii12.

Glass Key is located at 442 Haight St. San Francisco,

Catskills in New York
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: focusing screen shoot out today San Francisco

I live a long way from San Francisco. What was the outcome of your comparisons? Any conclusions?

I use Bill Maxwell screens on my 6x9 Arca with a digital back and have a Maxwell split screen brilliant matte screen for Mamiya 645 AF cameras for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me for details.