The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

focusing screen shoot out today San Francisco

EH21

Hi All,
This is completely last minute, but I'll be at Glass Key Photo in San Francisco this afternoon - noon until 3pm with my my collection of focusing screens that I've used for my focusing screen comparison tests.

I'll be pitting the Maxwell Split prism and Brilliant matte screens against the Rollei High D split prism and matte screens (which were the only two suppliers that ended up being worthy of a head to head test). I'm looking for a few experienced shooters to fire off a few shots with each screen to check for accuracy of each and get a bit more user feedback to round out my report.

Feel free to drop into the store if you have been wondering how the maxwell screens look or want to see the Rollei Hy6 + AFi-ii12.

Glass Key is located at 442 Haight St. San Francisco,
Eric

dharty

Hello,

I live a long way from San Francisco. What was the outcome of your comparisons? Any conclusions?

I use Bill Maxwell screens on my 6x9 Arca with a digital back and have a Maxwell split screen brilliant matte screen for Mamiya 645 AF cameras for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me for details.