The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experience with wake up cable from PhaseOne

HI Sunchai,
do made this cable by your own?
mueller
As you say build it up.
Here also the wake up cable with multiple exposures switch.
The white switch for single wake up signal and the black switch for the multiple exposure.
The image showed RB shifted adapter which able to move both horizontal and vertical.
Best Regards,
Sunchai.

Sunchai

Yes, I have the Phase One cable and did the modification by ourselves.
If it help I have attach the diagram of the wire connection.
Best Regards,
Sunchai

Hi Sunchai,
thank you for your Infos.
what is the "NC" at the 60FC plug?
I thought that the mini plug has only 2 Connections? But there are 3 (without the shield).

AHHHH. Is NC = not connected??? :) ?!?!??!
Mueller123

Hell

As you say build it up.

The image showed RB shifted adapter which able to move both horizontal and vertical.
Best Regards,
Sunchai.

Hi Sunchai!
Sorry ro jump on an existing thread with a deviation!

Could you please elaborate on that RB adapter with movements? Never stumbled over such a thing. The idea seems to be beautiful and productive as well. Is it unique and custombuild - or can one order it from the shelf somewhee?

Hope you find time for a short reply. Many thanks!

Sunchai

The RBxy adapter have made since the Phase One light Phase (6M.pixels) timing.
The population of RBxy was limited to those who have the RB camera and Phase One back
it still working well for those who still prefer to the RB systems with P1 back.

So sorry to inform that it was sold out and to reorder is almost imposible due to the request of quantity from the manufacture.

the only one I have is for my own collection and memory:D
Thank you Sunchai.

miska

As I am using the wake-up cable + cable release using an IQ160 back on a Tech cam, what I'd like to have on the back, is a sound when there was an error. Now, I press the button, and then the cable release. If I wait too long (because for example, I'm also trying to position the LCC card), the back prints there was an error on the LCD. But to notice this, I have to look at the screen. If all goes well, there is a "happy beep" from the back. Why not an "error beep" different from the happy beep? Perhaps a double beep ? That would allow also to hear that something went wrong - not just to see it on the screen (which I don't always look at).

Sunchai

Hi,

The picture showing the first version of the multiport switch cable.
I have forgot I did one , this modification was few years ago.
May be interesting to see…
The picture also show the RBxy mouthing with Nikon 28mm Lens on Copal #3

Sunchai.

cat

Yes, I have the Phase One cable and did the modification by ourselves.
If it help I have attach the diagram of the wire connection.
Best Regards,
Sunchai

Hi Sunchai, I'm new at this forum. Would You be so kind to post this 'diagram of the wire connection' again. I'm just interested to use it at my new PhaseOne H25.
Thanks a lot. Best greetings

buildbot

Hi Sunchai, I'm new at this forum. Would You be so kind to post this 'diagram of the wire connection' again. I'm just interested to use it at my new PhaseOne H25.
Thanks a lot. Best greetings
I think pin 8 and 2 might refer to the plug that is one P series and above backs - it's a proprietary connector from Metz (I think). Anyway, I have the pinout for that, however the H25 is actually much simpler as it just has a 2.5mm (maybe 3.5mm?) mini-jack connector. I think you basically just connect the tip on the mini-jack pin to the ground ring. (the metal closer to the rubber part of the plug). once to wakeup, once to fire. I could be wrong!

algrove

I searched my old gear box and found some sort of Phase cable. I have no idea today what it can be used for. Traveling for a few weeks and will then post images.