The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experience with wake up cable from PhaseOne

Hi,
does anybody have some experience with the wake up cable from PhaseOne? It is much cheaper than the Kapture Group cable (with less funktions - i know). But the price difference is huge.

Is the PhaseOne cable OK? Is it available in europe? i cant find a dealer.

Is there an other solution to wake up the Phase One back (besides "double click")?

Thank you.
mueller

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Every Phase One dealer can provide this cable.

It's just a cable with a button. Push the button the back wakes up. Works great.

You'll need a multiport adapter cable to use it with P/P+/IQ/IQ2 backs (other than V mount backs) - also available from any Phase One dealer.

My Capture Group Two Shots cable broke and I replaced with Phase type wake up cable.

When you press Phase type wake up cable, you need to make sure it is not causing any vibration.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I gave away one of my broken Kapture Group cables, kept one other that was repairable and the third broken cable is just kept as spares for the other one. In the meantime I bought two Alpa releases and also keep two straight through sync cables for zero latency use and 6x batteries.

With my IQ back in the fall, winter, spring I can just use the zero latency ok. In the summer I use my Alpa releases. If disaster strikes and I can't use either the Alpa or zero latency I'll resort to the KG release. After my KG experiences I'd rather use the two shot Phase One cable instead. From this you may surmise my relative loathing of technical camera releases :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
It looks like this
View attachment 79904
The image shows the cable for the HASSELBLAD CFV backs .
You press the little button in the top of the left grip , creating the wakeup signal , before you press the shutter release .

Hi guys,
i have searched the internet and found that this 2 Button pahse one cable is with a jack connector. This doesnt fit in the P25. You need an adapter too. Then you have 200$ again... Ahhhh -

Sunchai

WOW. not really chep for a cable. but Thank you.

i my next life i will sell and build cables!!! :)
As you say build it up.
Here also the wake up cable with multiple exposures switch.
The white switch for single wake up signal and the black switch for the multiple exposure.
The image showed RB shifted adapter which able to move both horizontal and vertical.
Best Regards,
Sunchai.

Steve C

I use the Phase One wake up cable with the button. I wish someone would offer a version of this without the plug connector in the middle. This often comes undone and is unnecessary. Also, a simple, short, non-curly cable to the flash sync would be preferred over the existing one that I have to wrap around everything to keep out of the way. Finally, have the multi pin connector at the back have the cable exiting straight down. The existing angled exit sticks out and bends radically when putting the camera in a backpack. It will eventually cause the cable to break. I am looking for someone who can build these and I'm sure there are many others who would buy them. Note to Phase One: please give us more than 4 seconds from wake up to firing the shutter. A variable amount would be the best, but I would settle for 16 seconds. The back won't burn up in that amount of time.

Hi guys,
Does anybody know if you can buy this plug at the phase one back alone? Without any cable? Is this a standard connector?

And the connector at the copal shutter? Could you buy it too? What is the name of this?
Thank you.
Mueller

weinlamm

To buy the cable only should be no problem. Contact your local Phase One-dealer and say what you want. Here in Germany they have no Webshop - so I had to write an email with my order.

But you couldn't use this on a Phase One-back directly. You need additional th "Multi connection to mini jack adaptor" Guy showed you. You only could plug the bigger round end in your Phase One back.
So like Guy said - you need both for your Pxx-back. ;)

stephengilbert

Mueller,

When we bought them, they made complete cables, with the Phase connector. Perhaps the Phase connector is no longer offered, but it would be worth contacting them to ask. As I recall, the cables were fairly inexpensive.

Steve

Hello guys,
I have to say: I want to build my own cable. This is the reason I asked for the connectors from phase one alone. A PC sync connector should be no problem. But the phase one is a problem. I ve never seen a connector without a cable.
Thank you guys.
Mueller