The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Client images - show your paid work!

athimbleofdan

Some straight out of camera stuff for a rue21. Camera is an H4D-40 with a 50-110

Broncolor A4 with Pulso flash head in the Para 220 umbrella as main light.

Broncolor Senso 22 with two Litos flash heads with a 11inch reflectors camera right and another camera left.

Alienbee800 high above model for hair.

Antonio, beautiful work! Are you lighting most of your images and painting different lit areas in? I just find they are so high def and crisp with a 3D look!

Nacho's Apartment. Nacho is an architect and interior designer. He has portuguese background and his family is in the gourmet business. This is his kitchen.

Later some more.
PD: Next week I'll be working with him again in a big house in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. ACH

Here is a quick concert shoot. They had a directional LED light and otherwise the bar was pitch dark. I felt bad about using flashes so had to shoot with the single light. Colours get burned out but converted to black and white they actually worked out and saved the day - single colour channels become contrast and brightness levels. Interesting challenges we face constantly!

Antonio, beautiful work! Are you lighting most of your images and painting different lit areas in? I just find they are so high def and crisp with a 3D look!
Hi Stevieraveon I do lighting with different light sources depending on the light temperature that is predominant in the space I'm photographing. If it is tungsten as in this case, I create my complementary lighting based on that and try to define lines, space and shapes.
Your musicians images are very good by the way. Thanks!

This is, as promised, Some of Punta Cana's Village.

ACH

Chris Giles

H4D50 + 100mm

I'm slowly using the Hasselblad more and more for weddings. I'd like to get my hands on the CMOS to see just how much I can pass over to it.

BTW, that light behind the first image isn't the sun but a 1200w Jinbei flash head.

Thanks Antonio. To light or not to light, that is the question indeed sometimes. It all depends on requirements of shots and mostly timeframe allowed for my style of shooting! I find with corporate spaces I end up not lighting as much where even and subtle lighting is more appropriate and I have to move around quite a bit as well. Thanks to the digital improvements we can get away with more post enhancement these days that can compensate somewhat. That said, thanks for sharing your lighting technique and intent, getting it right during capture and defining the forms with proper lighting just looks amazing, so 3d and legible!

Thanks for the compliments on the band shots!

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Stevieraveon I do lighting with different light sources depending on the light temperature that is predominant in the space I'm photographing. If it is tungsten as in this case, I create my complementary lighting based on that and try to define lines, space and shapes.
Your musicians images are very good by the way. Thanks!

This is, as promised, Some of Punta Cana's Village.

ACH

danlindberg

This was a tricky position, and I needed to push the SK 28XL further than normal. This shot is a one exposure frame with no less than 9mm downfall and an added 6mm horizontal shift. The LCC cleared it up remarkably well. Focusdistance at around 1.8 metres with f8,5 and it was a good compromise of decent dof in one shot. Also note the minimal amount of distortion, no distortion correction applied.
And this is with the Credo 60. I find it an excellent lens and could not do without it.