The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon MF

TimWright

Read that Canon reps at photoexpo are saying that Canon has bought the Contax assembly line along with the zeiss lens to bring out a MF system in the near future. Don't know if it is true or not just something I read.

arashm

where did you read this?
I have always thought that the contax platform was way too nice to actually die out.
Someone will resurrect it ( I hope )
so now there is Canon and Nikon MF rumors, I love it :)
am

If the price is reasonable, sign me up. If it is another Canon computer rather than a Contax camera, I'm not interested.

carstenw

Canon's first move will be to make the 35mm f3.5 soft, and to introduce CA across the lens lineup. This is for consistency with the rest of Canon's lenses.

The rumour sounds very unlikely to me. The camera and lenses were owned and designed by Zeiss, and only produced by Kyocera under license, as far as I understand. The above-mentioned 35mm f3.5 is the 645 variant of the famous Contax 21mm f2.8 Distagon, and Zeiss would never sell something like that.

Last edited: