The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFVI IR filter replacement

elrafo

hello,

after tests and several cleanings, I have decided to send my back for service in Hasselblad USA...
I went to my local camera repair shop and we found permanent spots on the IR filter, it is also a bit damaged so I need now an IR filter replacement.

do you have an estimation of how much this would cost on an old CFV16 ?(square 4x4)

thanks !

fotografz

5 years ago, I had to replace the sensor cover filter on a H3D-II and it was about $500 USD. Do not know how much it is now.

- Marc

JorisV

This is from an email that I got from Hasselblad 2 years ago:

"The IR filter is marred and has to be replaced, that repair has to be done in Denmark. The cost is usually $441.00 plus shipping from NJ to PA. However if anything else is wrong with the back and the cost is $900.00 or less it will be repaired with no estimate…. Please advise if you want us to send the back to Denmark…"

ondebanks

hello,
I went to my local camera repair shop and we found permanent spots on the IR filter,
Oh dear. Is this an outbreak of the dreaded "Imaconitis"? (A fungal attack on the filter coatings that some older Imacon/Hasselblad backs were prone to).

Ray

BANKER1

The IR filter on my H3D22 was replaced in New Jersey only a couple of months ago, for which I was charged $441.00.

Greg