The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya distribution in US

Oren Grad

Does anyone know what is happening with Mamiya distribution and support in the US?

A couple of weeks ago two posters on RFF mentioned that MAC Group had told them that their service for Mamiya would be discontinued as of 3/21:

Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - Future of Mamiya 6 & 7 Cameras?

Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - Future of Mamiya 6 & 7 Cameras?

And today, Mamiya is no longer listed on the MAC Group US website.

My first thought is to wonder whether Phase One is taking over, but I've seen no announcement.

Who will be providing authorized service within the US? What products will be covered? Will parts and service continue to be available for Mamiya film cameras, some of which are still being sold new?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Correct. MAC Group will no longer be the master distributor of Mamiya Leaf as of March 25. I think the announcement was not planned until then.

Service and distribution of the Mamiya and Leaf line continues in the US. They will simply be serviced by a guy wearing a Mamiya Leaf / Team Phase One shirt rather than a guy wearing a MAC Group shirt. :)

As a quick note I'll be traveling starting in a few minutes for the rest of the day so won't be able to follow up on any questions. But there isn't much to say really; for the end-user this change should be quite boring; you continue to use your local dealer who continue to have service/distribution in the US.

Edit: I don't deal with any of the legacy film stuff, so I couldn't speak to that.

Oren Grad

Thanks, Doug. When the dust settles next week I'll check the MamiyaLeaf website and follow up with a direct query to the service contact re the legacy products.