The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small RGB monitor for MBP

Jwoo

Hello All,
Just finished a shoot at school. Frustrated with Capture Pilot.Even with own router, bluetooth off etc, still keeps crashing and not able to reconnect.

Wondering if I could find a small external monitor for the MBP so that I could at least see what I am shooting as the MPB is usually turned away from where I am working.

Appreciate all comments.

Thanks.

robmac

I'm also trying to find a robust solution for the same issue (using Lightroom).

AirDisplay software and an IPad, etc as the 2nd device is an option. Works ok most of time, some issues. Tend to find it works best when you set your MBP up as a point network ("create network") - basically NOT using a router external to the laptop. Oh, if using iPad as 2nd monitor turn OFF auto rotation on the iPad.

That said, there is no reason a small monitor wouldn't work, but while tempted, have yet to try it myself.