The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official MFD Owner - Hassy on the way!

wavecrestphoto

Hey Marc! Have been using the Air transmitter on D1 heads - oddly have not noticed any flash loss with the transmitter in standard mode. When I ran through a test set of images at top speed the Air performed well in both standard and high speed mode. Turning off the True Exposure on the body was the big influence at top speeds.
-Kevin

Mario

Kevin,

Congrats on your purchase as well! And thanks for the heads up on the True Exposure. I never use the priority-modes when shooting (especially with strobes and my style of shooting) but it's great to know. I feel like I glanced through the menu settings but must have missed that one. Great shot btw!

Recent favorite shoot. Had a great time balancing strobe with ambient all the way up to 1/800s.

f/2.8 | ISO100 | 1/500s
AB800 / Westcott 50" Apollo / Vagabond Mini

f/4.0 | ISO200 | 1/200s
AB800 / Westcott 43" / Vagabond Mini

f/2.8 | ISO400 | 1/640s
AB800 / Westcott 50" Apollo | Vagabond Mini

MaxKißler

Hi Mario, "True Exposure" has nothing to do with priority modes. It's just a way the camera compensates for exposure inaccuracies that could occur, when shooting with a fast shutter speed and wide aperture. As far as I understood, the shutter blades need to travel a longer distance when the aperture is wide open to completely uncover and cover the opening. Therefore the camera reduces the shutter speed internally to get the exposure you want. So at f2,8 and a speed of 1/500th it might use a speed of something like 1/410th instead.

Check out page 83: http://www.hasselblad.de/media/91f12bc0-e541-4f0b-a477-803349b788a7-H2_user_manual.pdf

Last edited: