The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what about camera bags fit a Phase One 645DF & IQ ?

Abd_Salam

Hello,

I'd like to get advices about which camera bags pick up to fit Phase one IQ MFDB ?...

I'd go for a Think Tank... what about the StreetWalker Hard Drive for a 645DF+ body & digital back, and LS 150 mm AF lens only to start ?...

shlomi

Kata Pro-V 610 PL works perfectly for me.
It's not small, but it can house several lenses and provides excellent protection from falls.
Kata Pro-V 410 would be enough for body and 2 lenses.

Last edited:

iainmurray

Gura Gear make excellent bags. I recently bought an 18L Bataflae and I'm delighted with it. Light and roomy and cleverly designed.

Abd_Salam

Thank you for your valuable answers.

It seems the Kata products are available here in France, but for the Gura Gear solutions, there are not retailers over here.

But for both gears I have to order them before evaluating the products in real life ! I cannot check anything even quickly in any shops.

miska

Actually, in France, you can get the Gura Gear stuff from here:
The store Jama Photo - Backpacks, Gura Gear
I have not ordered anything from them, just found their web page when I was looking for Gura Gear bags in Europe. I don't think they have a physical store though...

I have the Bataflae 32, and I really like it.

Hope this helps.

Ken_R

This is my bag of choice for my Arca RM3Di and PhaseOne IQ160 setup:

Flipside Sport Series | Lowepro

Awesome to work out of since I do not have to put it on the ground to access everything, a must for wet locations. It also fits nicely under the seat of even small commuter (prop) aircraft.

miska

The Arca 3MDi has a bit of an awkward shape, especially when both the back and a lens are attached. It's wider and thicker than a usual DSLR. Does it fit completely mounted into the bag, or do you have to dismount the lens and/or digital back ?
How many lenses can you fit, in addition to the body and back ?

I am also looking for a hiking backpack for my Factum set-up...

Thanks !

Ken_R

The Arca 3MDi has a bit of an awkward shape, especially when both the back and a lens are attached. It's wider and thicker than a usual DSLR. Does it fit completely mounted into the bag, or do you have to dismount the lens and/or digital back ?
How many lenses can you fit, in addition to the body and back ?

I am also looking for a hiking backpack for my Factum set-up...

Thanks !
Completely mounted with 40mm HR lens, Lee Filter ring and cap, RotaMount and IQ160 back. Plus, a 70mm HR lens in a lensWrap, Lee/Schneider filter holder in pouch and about 5-6 100mm Schneider glass filters each in its own pouch. Also a few batteries, cables, LCC plastic and a rocket blower. All inside the main compartment of the 20L Flipside Sport.

Chris Beards

My Linhof Techno with P45+ sliding back and a couple of lenses goes beautifully into a Think Tank Airport Essentials. Nice compact solution for a small amount of kit.

hogweed

Dothebag
A lot of diff bags, but Monochrom is selling their photography bags in germany.
The nr5 fits a 503 with lens, back and viewfinder

Abd_Salam

Actually, in France, you can get the Gura Gear stuff from here:
The store Jama Photo - Backpacks, Gura Gear
I have not ordered anything from them, just found their web page when I was looking for Gura Gear bags in Europe. I don't think they have a physical store though...

I have the Bataflae 32, and I really like it.

Hope this helps.
Things change fast nowadays :clap:

I've just found out a french retailer's adress in Paris, but I do not know exactly if they have Gura Gear products in stock or if they import stuffs depending on orders !
I have to figure it out.

Gura Gear - Magasin Photo Vidéo - Objectif Bastille

Thanks for all comments. I have infos now.