The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New H5D -50c

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Nice shots, Domenico. This is confirming what I have been finding. I just finished a series of shoots in Montana in a variety of conditions--mostly landscape--and I am very happy with the colors. The main difference between the H5D-50c and my older H4D-60 is the smaller sensor so I have to get used a noticeable loss of wide coverage. I replaced the 28mm with a 24mm, so that takes care of it at the wide end. I just need to get used to the other lenses "reaching" farther. Love the camera. I use it now in plenty of places where before I would have dug out the Nikons for low light

By the way, I use a combination of old batteries and the new ones. The old ones work just fine, though their life is much shorter. Your measure, Domenico, of 10% for a 12-minute exposure is useful to know.

modator

Thanks Timothy,
I'm very satisfied by the result, and the low light ability is very appreciated too, two days ago I was in the city center without a tripod, just for looking I've made a fee hand shot in the night to the central square of my little town.. with a 50mm II @ F3,5 1/45 of second... the result speaks by itself...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lophtj8w191cqyg/Test-High-Iso-_0003.jpg

About the battery I have the same combination of new and old battery, it's true the old one discharges query quickly compared to the new model and I look forward to buy a new 2900mA spare battery after vacation season.... anyway I found the new is capable of more than 250 shot and it's not bad generally I don't use the spare one...

Best regrads, Domenico.