The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show Us Your Technical Camera Setup

jdbfreeheel

Thanks all for sharing these pictures of your setups.

I just acquired my Horseman SWD-II and am having a great time getting everything up and running.

I'm curious: what plates are folks using for their technical camera to mount to the ball heads (or cubes, as it were)? It's hard to tell in the posted pictures. Does anyone use a RRS plate (generic?) or are you using something else? I generally use a RRS system (pan head, rails, etc) on a BH55 head.

Thanks,

-Josh

PeterA

I use a RRS generic plate - an dI am not convinced of its mounting - had to let teh base out of the cube a tad too much I think - I am thinking if use a Cube I go for teh arca plates. for tight fit. The RRS plate can only be slid in form teh ends.

jlm

Workshop Member
i am using the Rollei XactII with the phase 20 back and have a question/comment.

it is extremely difficult to judge critical focus on the ground glass so i have tried using tethered mode. unfortunately the P20 does not offer live view.
so far I can only get this to work with my mac pbp, but that is inconvenient and I would rather use my PC laptop. C1 does not see the back when hooked up to the pc however. what am i doing wrong?

is it possible to convert the P20 to live view (P20+?) and is that effective?

jm

Don Libby

Don, let us know how the flare buster works out for you. If it works, I'll order one.

Thanks
I had just gotten the buster before leaving for Carmel so didn't have any real world experience with it; after using it several times now I can say that I like it. I used it several times to cut the glare coming in from the side off the water and if you flip it backwards it'll help in seeing the screen; at least it made it easier to read the histogram.

Hope this helps.

Don