The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D. Miracle.

ersler

HI there!
I have a question about my Pentax 645D camera. I bought it about a year ago and still can't understand if it's a defect and I have to fix it or it's just my missunderstanding.
Let's say i need to shoot a valley with shutterspeed 1/100, aperture F22 and with 3 shots bracketing, value 2.0. I use M mode. What I need to have is three images: 1\100 F22, 1\400 F22, 1\25 F22.
The problems are: 1. my camera changes not only shutterspeed but aperture as well by it's own way. it gives me f11, f14,f22 or whatever while I need to keep it strictly on 22.
2. when I try to set my brecketing parameters being on M mode by holding pressed EV compensation button #3 and turning rear e-dial swither #15 I can't go further than f16 and my first shot of the series gonna be with f16.
I studied manuals from head to toes but couldn't find any answer.
So my question is how can I use brecketing with complete manual mode and aperture paramaters that I need without any camera's auto interference and restrictions. Thank you for reading!

pophoto

Just a guess, since you are shooting with constant aperture of f/22, have you tried aperture priority mode and bracketing, just curious?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Makes no sense in manual mode you can't adjust the shutter speed. Btw you are get diffraction effects at F22 , should really try to avoid that far stopped down as your degrading your resolution with diffraction .

Shashin

This might be a wild shot, but set the "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift." that might lock the Aperture. The other way is to simply manually bracket. You can also use Av with exposure compensation to set any particular SS.

ersler

This might be a wild shot, but set the "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift." that might lock the Aperture. The other way is to simply manually bracket. You can also use Av with exposure compensation to set any particular SS.
WAW! got it! thanks alot indeed! "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift." :clap:

Shashin

In C1, I have the expanded sensitivity set to 2 (on). I then just set my ISO with the ISO button near the shutter release with the rear dial. If you cannot do that, then I am at a bit of a loss unless some kind of auto sensitivity option is on or the bracketing is limiting you.

ersler

In C1, I have the expanded sensitivity set to 2 (on). I then just set my ISO with the ISO button near the shutter release with the rear dial. If you cannot do that, then I am at a bit of a loss unless some kind of auto sensitivity option is on or the bracketing is limiting you.
Yep! that's what it is! some kind of auto sensitivity option is on. but still can't understand where is it to turn it off. thank you anyway

Charles Wood

Yep! that's what it is! some kind of auto sensitivity option is on. but still can't understand where is it to turn it off. thank you anyway
Manual and Bulb are the only modes, to the best of my knowledge, that don't allow an auto ISO option. When any of the other modes are selected, use control dial on right top back side to select the menu group next to the camera icon. Menu screen one at the bottom allows you to turn auto ISO on or off and set the parameters if you select auto on.

ersler

Manual and Bulb are the only modes, to the best of my knowledge, that don't allow an auto ISO option. When any of the other modes are selected, use control dial on right top back side to select the menu group next to the camera icon. Menu screen one at the bottom allows you to turn auto ISO on or off and set the parameters if you select auto on.
OMG! It' sjust highlights correction was on. Danm! Thanks!

malmac

I don't have a Pentax 645D, but I guess this thread has just touched on some of the options that Pentax is providing to it's clients -

As a person who has a Phase One 645DF, I wait for Phase One to bring out a modern camera body that will compliment the truly fantastic IQ180 back.

Glad you were able to sort out your understanding of the control options on your Pentax.

Mal